Wedding Weekend Part II

So after reading my last post, I realized I was deliriously tired, and made absolutely no sense in certain parts of my post. Ha! Ok, so as promised - Here are some of my pictures from my weekend run!




So I'm really lame and I thought this flower was so pretty!

One of my running partners and I!

This bridge was packed!!!

Someone once wrote that every time you see a feather it means your guardian angel is nearby.
This picture reminded me of my favorite poem - Footprints.
The day after the wedding we woke up to watch the sunrise :)

This was my 8 mile run time! I was so stoked. Best run I had in a while.
So, overall, the wedding was awesome. Not only did I have the best time, but I got to spend time with some of my best friends. Although I paid for it at the end, it was nice to get away from work and just relax with some of my best girlfriends. The house was absolutely ridiculous, and the view was to die for. I'm hoping to go back there for a beach vacation some time soon.

Of course no wedding is complete without some wedding drama! The drama was quite entertaining: we had a couple who got in a spat and a search party for some important wedding party guests who went missing after getting drunk for hours. It was pretty nuts. Coming home was also a nutty situation. I ended up having to change my connecting flight to Miami and sprinting across the Charlotte Airport. I sprinted so hard my lungs burned. I did have people cheering for me as I raced through the airport with carry on in hand - I felt like I was in a race. Even though I was sweaty and out of breath by the time I got to the gate, it was totally worth it! 

So now that I'm back, I've been working out almost every day. Tuesday - Orange Theory; Wednesday - Run Club; Thursday - Orange Theory. I actually cut OTF short today, because my knee was in pain. My calves feel ripped and my knee could not handle walking lunges. I think since I increased my mileage so much recently, my body is not happy. I got the message and so I'll be off my feet tomorrow. I've got two races this weekend and hope to do well in one of them. The other one is a fun run I'm doing with a friend. We get to run/walk the race in 80s outfits... How fun is that? Until my next post.. Happy Trails :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon