Nightmare on Plank Street

This was the name of my workout today. Sounds awesome right? NOT! Apparently every OTF had the same workout today, so I had a heads up from my friend N that today was gonna suck. And she was right..

Our workouts only consisted of two major workouts. If you were on the treadmill, you had to do a rotation of: .125 mile sprint, 10 thrusters, 10 single arm snatches, 0.25 mile sprint, 10 thrusters, and 10 single arm snatches - for a 5 minute span. The other workout consisted of a rotation of: 200 meter row, 10 dolly pushup pikes, 10 dolly knee tucks, 400 meter row, 10 dolly pushup pikes, 10 dolly knee tucks - for a 5 minute span.  In between each workout, we had to do planks. We started with a 30 second plank and ended up with a 3 minute plank. I held my planks every time, but my arms couldn't stop shaking.

I was possessed during this workout. I literally powered through each workout and did not stop. Even when we were supposed to rest, I was still working out. I just wanted to go nonstop. I loved the pain I felt and the burning in my muscles. I felt like the workout was over just as soon as it started; it was the weirdest thing ever. Good news is I was able to get through each workout at least twice within my 5 minute rotations.

Overall it was a good workout. It was nice for me to get lost in this workout because today was weird. For some reason, lately I've been thinking about some of my friendships. Specifically, the friendships where I've had to let go. In the past, I've been the one who has let some friendships go. Typically I've let them go because they're either one sided or the person has hurt me so bad that I just couldn't bring myself to continue the friendship. However, I've also had friendships where the person has just cut off communication with me. Even when I reach out, I hear no response. It sucks. It makes you feel rejected and inferior. And I just need to let go. I recently read that true friends will be honest with you, be non-judgmental,  and just always be there for you through thick and thin. You should never "chase" the friendship.

And see that's what I do. I chase my friendships. I feel rejected when others don't want to be friends with me, and quite frankly that's lame. I should focus my energy on my current friendships, and cut my losses. If anything, I should realize that those who don't want to be my friend are missing out, and just continue on with my life. I know it's easier said then done, but I'm going to try. I hope it works, because I'm tired dwelling on this topic. Well enough of this topic. I'm looking forward to run club tomorrow where we have a costume run!! I am super excited :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon