An Amazing Wedding Weekend Part I

I want to blog about the actual wedding, but since it's late and I can't put up any pictures because they're all on my phone, I'll write about the workouts I did during my vacation :)

My flight was on Wednesday afternoon, so I decided to squeeze in a workout before I left. I ran about 4 miles, and it was probably one of the worst runs I've had in a while. I didn't have my Garmin, which was probably a good thing. The night before it had rained and you could feel the humidity suffocating you, weighing you down. Regardless, I was glad to get a workout in, even if I was disappointed in it.

On Thursday, I was able to run in some cold weather. Now, stupid me didn't bring any cold weather gear for the weekend, so I practically froze my butt off. I took a slow easy pace, and was able to knock out 4 miles, at around a 9 minute mile pace. I took someone pretty neat pictures of the scenery which I'll post later. Not only did I get to run, but the house that I was staying in had four stories which we constantly walked up and down.

Friday was the day of the wedding. We didn't have any tasks we needed to accomplish, so we got to run  that morning. One of the bridesmaids , well call her N, and myself went out for a 3 mile run. N is training for her first half marathon which is exciting. She loved talking about race stuff with me, and I gave her some minor pointers so she could be fully prepared for her first distance race.

She struggled with the run, and take a good amount of walk breaks. She kept apologizing, but I didn't mind. I love running with other people of all speeds. It gives you a chance to talk to them and pretty much be their personalized cheerleader. Trust me, if I didn't want to run with slower people, I wouldn't offer.

The run was absolutely beautiful and the beach scenery was surreal. Since I kept a steady pace for our run, I got to fully look at the world all around me. The color of the shells in the sand, the waves crashing and breaking, the smell of the ocean water, and the list goes on and on. Halfway through our run i got frustrated and I told her to calm down. I told her I loved this run because of the scenery. Her response back to me was a little shocking, because she didn't even get a chance to enjoy the scenery and focused just on enter run. Doesn't that sound like life? We get so caught up in the moment, that instead of slowing down a bit to enjoy all the things that are beautiful around us, we speed up. Maybe we don't have time, but I find that reason a lame excuse.

Saturday I ran with one of the wedding guests who is a pro athlete. She just wanted a timed out and back run. She did great without me and ended up pulling out an amazing run. Overall we probably ran about 6 miles. Crazy, huh?

I'm super tied, so I'm about to go to bed. I'm hoping tomorrow I will have cleaned up these documents and go from there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon