Broken Water Heater!!

So, our water heater is broken. It's actually holding on by thread, but it's near death. So what does that mean until it gets repaired? Well, we need to conserve water. In our household that's hard since I workout almost every day.

We noticed it was leaking on Saturday. Luckily I had taken a shower after the gym. Let me tell you about my gym experience on Saturday... It was absolutely insane. I think the jumps and squats on the SBT straps killed me. I also ran to the gym and ran back (1.25 miles each way). You may think I'm hardcore, and I guess a part of me is. However, the other part of me wants Oreos and cheesecake, so that in itself is motivation.

Since I was super sore on Sunday I decided to rest. Resting was probably one of the best ideas of my life.

Today I went back to the gym. I'm still sore but needed something to get the anxiety out of my system since I have a serious project at work tomorrow. Well, my plan definitely worked. Let me tell you about my workout:

Treadmill Block (about 25 minutes):
  • 2.5 minutes at a Push pace (8.0 speed) - after our 2.5 minutes we had to get dollys for our next workout.
  • Next we had 1 minute Push Pace (I went about 8-8.5 speed)
  • Followed by 30 seconds all out sprint (I went from 10-12 speed)
  • 20 Dolly Tucks  
  • 10 Dolly extensions
Weight Room 1st Block (about 10 minutes):
  • 8/8 Reps of Step Ups with Squats (I had 12.5 pound dumbbells)
  • 12 Bent Over Rows (Same 12.5 pound dumbbells)
  • 6 Burpees
Weight Room 2nd Block (about 10 minutes):
  • 8/8 SBT straps Reverse Lunge with a high knee
  • 5/5 Walking Plank
Weight Room 3rd Block (5 minutes):

  • 12 Bosu Ball crunches with jumps
  • 12 Back Extension pulls
My calves burn, so I think I'm going to foam roll. For your information I showered (in case y'all were wondering). Since I'm conserving water, tomorrow I am going to workout at work and shower there. We should get this water heater situation figured out by Wednesday, and I couldn't be happier..

3 comments:

  1. That is quite hardcore. But I guess it really depends on the person. Anyway, that water heater situation is really inconvenient, especially since it's always advisable to take a hot shower rather than a cold one after such a heavy workout. I hope it's fixed by now. If not, then you'd have to take advantage of that gym shower for a while.

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing & Well Service

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a long and productive day at the gym, a broken water heater is not a pleasant news to come home to. Thankfully you had your shower before you found the leak. How is it now, btw? I hope your repairman came in immediately after you called.

    Dennis Cannon @ Laird & Son

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that you were in quite a predicament. Replacing the water heater can get messy, and that still depends if you manage to find one that will fit your household preferences. At any rate, seems like you've been actively hitting the gym lately. I hope you're not overexerting your body, Evelyn. Thanks for sharing that! I hope all your heater woes have been resolved by now. Take care! :)

    Antonia Tran @ Mode Heating and Cooling

    ReplyDelete

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon