National Running Day!!

Today a National Running Day! So it was only appropriate that I went to run club tonight. I am so glad I did!

Let me start off by saying that this week has been busy at work and my mind has just been all over the place recently. If it wasn't for working out, I think I would be a wreck emotionally and physically. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that lol.

So here's a recap of my week: Monday night I ended up going to the gym. The workout was okay, not one of my trainer's best which was kind of disappointing, but nonetheless I focused all my energy on whatever set/workout I was on at the time. We did treadmill, rower, kettle bells, SBT strap workouts and an exercise with the dolly. Tuesday I reverted to being lazy and spun at a low cadence for 40 minutes. Then tonight was run club!!!

Now, I have a couple of people I talk to at run club, and was excited that my one friend, A, has been coming the past couple of weeks. We met at run club, and we both lost touch for a while. However, the last couple of weeks we've been there, and it's definitely something I look forward to during the week. Her and I typically start with the fast group where she ends up blowing everyone out of the water.

Today was no different and she bolted to the front. I tried to keep close by so I could pace with her and really push myself during the run tonight. I ended up maintaining a close distance from her, and then on mile 3, I just pushed it. I felt like garbage, but I just wanted to get up ahead and bolt. The only way you can get faster is by training fast. So I pulled ahead and ended up coming in a little before she did. We clocked around 27:51 for 3.77 miles, which INCLUDED stops for traffic lights. We were so stoked and we bought gave each other a high five and a "good job."  It felt great to push myself that hard tonight. It made me happy.

After the run we had a plank challenge. I actually was one of the last three standing out of like 40, but I lost focus after seeing the other two guys holding strong. Funny how some things are just mental, and get to you when you start thinking about them. Even though I didn't win, a bunch of the girls came up to me telling me they were rooting for me. I've got to say that was kind of fun :) after the plank challenge, A and I took some funny pictures.

What a fun day to be a runner :



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon