So Tired I Didn't Even Run on the Treadmill at the Gym

This past week I turned on the heat with my workouts. I think this change in my workouts is related to my unhealthy eating habits this week. Since I had people on-site this week, I ate out pretty much every day. Let's be honest about eating out: the food tastes delicious but it sits heavy on your stomach for the rest of the day.

So to rehash this week, let's start with Monday:

Monday: Orange Theory workout! Woot! Woot! I don't remember the workout, but I do remember the class consisted of 3.5 minute rounds. I started on the treadmill first and remember just running 3.5 minutes at a "push" pace and that's pretty much all I can remember lol. The other thing I do remember was that it was a tough workout and I was hurting that night.

Tuesday: First day back swimming! I was trying out a new swimming pool and was nervous about showing up at the pool for the first time. So I drove over to the pool and the pool was full of kids. I was not about to get in the pool to swim all those laps with all those people, so, I go to the window and they tell me that I can come back after 7, and it should be quiet. So, I come back to the pool at 7 and it was empty!! I get my happy little butt into the cold freezing water and start my swim with 4 straights (a total of 200 meters). When I first started my swim, my mind was racing and I could feel my chest tighten. I was so stressed out, and it affected everything about my swim: my mind, my breathing, and my form. After my fourth lap, I stopped myself just so I could calm my thoughts and mind. When I started back up, I relaxed my mind and was able to straighten up my form. Once I started my laps, I get into a groove, and end up getting in 8 laps (16 straights) for .50 mile swim.  On a side note, I ate almost a pint of fro-yo before heading to the pool. Yes. I am an idiot.

Wednesday: Holy soreness. My legs were on fire. I was heading to Run Club that night, and was nervous about running on tired legs. I ended up running with the last group and bolted off. My stomach was killing me because of my greasy cheeseburger that afternoon, and I momentarily regretted my unhealthy lunch choices that day. Although my stomach hurt, I ended up running a 7:20 min/mile for 3.5 miles. Impressed? I sure was.

Thursday: My legs felt like blocks of wood today and I had to get in my Orange Theory Workout!! Tonight, our blocks were 7 minutes long. I started off the class on the treadmill where I  "ran" (I freaking walked/slow jogged)at a base pace  for 7 minutes. Next, we hit the weight room for 7 minutes where we had to do as many repetitions as we could of: jumping rope 30 times, squatting and pressing 15 times. and accomplishing 10 Muscle Ups on the SBT straps. After 7 minutes, we moved to the rower where we had to get in 600 meters on the rower (only once). We then had to do as many repetitions as we could of: 10 reverse lunges with a kettle bell (KB) and 10 Hip Dips. After those 7 minutes, I ended up back on the treadmill where we had to run at base pace until the last 1.5 minutes where we put the incline at 15 and had to speed walk. Next, I headed back in the weight room for 7 minutes where we had to do as many repetitions as we could of: 20 mountain climbers, 10 Push ups with side rotations, and 15 reverse flys. For our last 7 minutes, I had to get back on the rower and get in 600 meters ) only once, 10 KB Gauntlet squats, and 10 Dolly roll-outs. All I can say is that I can't currently feel my legs.

Good news? I'm taking tomorrow off from working out.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon