Feeling the Heat!!!

Sorry for being flaky on posting...  I've just been so busy and drained.... So let's start with some good news :) I am just shy from being at my goal weight (honestly it's like at a pound lol)... AND I got second overall in the Biggest Loser contest lol I've lost over 12 pounds lol..

So, I've been training two a days almost every day this week and have been super tired... but I didn't want to workout too hard because I had planned to do a dry-run of the half-iron... epic fail lol

I wanted to try a dry-run so I could mentally prepare for the half iron, and I thought this would be perfect to do today. However, today's weather was not cooperating and it was in the 90's as well as humid... So off I went on the bike ride with every intent of running a half marathon afterwards but my plans were cut short.

I did end up doing the full 56 miles and let me tell you it hurt lol... Even though I gave up shopping for lent, I think I'm going to get a calf compression sleeve to minimize the pain... I did get a thigh compression sleeve but I wasn't super thrilled with it.. I also ended up also taking a break at mile 48.. and I ran out of water lol...

So what did I do... walked my happy butt to McDonalds to buy a Powerade so I could put it in my CamelPak.. however before doing that I took a hug swig.. and then another.. big mistake .. all that stuff made me feel bad and get pains when I started my run. I was just so thirsty. No excuse, it's my fault because I hate drinking water and live most of my life dehydrated.. So I will try this again in two weeks and hopefully get further than I did today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon