Almost Halfway There...

So it's been a while since I've posted. Mostly, because I've gotten really busy the last couple of weeks. A lot has happened since the last time I posted. I'll highlight some of these things:
  • I got into a fender bender at work (dealing with insurance companies is a nightmare and I'm STILL dealing with this almost two months later).
  • My husband got into a minor car accident driving to work (luckily he has a truck so he didn't get too much impact).
  • I had a work conference for a couple of days in Buckhead, GA (I got to see one of my best friends which was AWESOME).
  • They thought I was starting to get preeclampsia (this has been fun but I think that my blood pressure is spiking up due to nerves).
I'm hoping I turn to this blog a little bit more because this whole experience has been a rollercoaster and it would be cool to document. Plus, I feel like I have a somewhat humorous view to pregnancy.

I'll spare you all of the overwhelming details that I've been excited about, but I'll highlight some of them:
  • We CONFIRM gender on FRIDAY!! We know what we're having but we're hoping it was the same gender they initially told us.
  • I'm in the process of trying to find a daycare. This whole process has been pretty ridiculous. It's kind of funny though and I already feel like that crazy mom that people talk about at school.
  • I've finally felt Baby Darbut moving around like an Olympic gymnast in my stomach. This has been neat/extremely creepy all at the same time. For someone who doesn't like surprises, this whole pregnancy thing is like a giant EFF you. I am that girl who can't open those Pillsbury roll cans from the fridge for fear of the "pop" sound and here I am with a mini alien kicking me whenever he/she feels like it. Fun - let me tell you.
Overall, pregnancy has been rough. I secretly thought this whole thing would be a walk in the park, but I'm wrong - DEAD wrong. On the bright side, I have a pretty awesome husband who has been dealing with my crazy arse. For example, I had my first real hormonal breakdown yesterday and when he saw it unfolding before his eyes, he laughed and said he's impressed I've lasted this long without having one. And you know what? It made me laugh.

I'll be posting pictures soon and starting to talk about other interesting things I've learned during my pregnancy. None of that frou-frou girly crap. I'm talking about the stuff that girls deal with during pregnancy and how to avoid being killed by a pregnant woman. I'm telling you, you'll want to stay tuned for this. Until then.. happy trails :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon