At the End of the Road

I've got about 2.5 weeks to go until she gets here and I'm anxious and nervous and excited all at once. It seems as if those nine months you have of preparing for their arrival still isn't enough and you're truly never ready for them to come. I guess it'll finally hit me when those first labor pains come and I don't have any other choice but to have her right then and there.

Last week we had a minor scare but it made me realize that this is almost it. I had one of my weekly appointments and my blood pressure was pretty high. High enough where they sent me straight to the hospital. My mom was actually with me this time and I had to remain completely calm as I told her we had to head to the hospital instead of heading home. I knew she was freaking out but she tried to hide it as best as she could.

We get to the hospital and I get into the triage quickly. After a couple hours of monitoring they decide to admit overnight for additional monitoring. During that time I have to start the 24 hour protein in the urine test and non-stress tests of the baby. Luckily she's a little trooper and it seems like this isn't effecting her at all. I did get to see her twice and it seems like she's ready to go lol. She has a lot of hair which isn't surprising since my heartburn is ridiculous. My husband stayed with me overnight and honestly - he was beyond amazing. I know it's a husband's duty to be with you and support you, but I can honestly say my husband did more than that. It almost brings tears to my eyes as I write this because I'm really appreciative of everything he did for me while I was at the hospital. He's not the most romantic man in the entire world (he is romantic but not movie romantic), but he cares about me more than anything else and he really showed it while he was taking care of me during my hospital stay. I love him so so much.

Luckily my 24 hour protein in the urine test showed really good results and so they decided to release me. They put me on medication to control my blood pressure and it seems to be working. I've got my next doctor's appointment with my regular doctor... which I'M so EXCITED about because I haven't been the biggest fan of these standby doctors lol. I'm hoping my doctor wants to induce early due to medical concerns. It's not that I just want her here, it's the fact that I don't want my health to effect her in any way - and the longer I'm pregnant the higher the probability is she could be effected. I can't wait to see her. She's already absolutely perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon