Post Marathon Reflections

It's been almost a week since the marathon and my body is finally returning to normal :)

The day of the marathon I pretty much laid in bed all day and every couple of minutes I would kick my legs around to get some blood flowing. It hurt getting down the stairs of our townhouse, and trying to completely bend my legs was out of the question. I had taken the following day off and was completely grateful for it. Walking around was a little painful and I was overall exhausted. I ended up going to the optometrist that day and it took about two minutes just to sit down in the chair lol. Overall, it's a comical experience trying to move anywhere.

Thinking back on the day of the race, it was hard to believe I did it. I had never run that much in my entire life, and will probably never attempt that distance ever again. However, I figured if I was going to run with the American Cancer Society in grandpa's memory, I might as well have gone all out. I wore my ribbons that day in his honor, and every time things got tough, I would just hold the ribbon in my hand. The experience in itself was unbelievable, but challenging.

I figured I would post some additional pictures :) Sorry some of them are blurry!!

Only the 5 K mark lol...
Passing the Ft Lauderdale Montys! No worries the course also had us pass the one in Miami lol!!!


Pretty boats :) We had one boat come up to the bridge and cheer us all on.

You can't see the sign, but this was the 15K mark..

Running through the streets of South Beach!!

One of the other American Cancer Society members. She had marked For Mom on her calves..

I felt like Mario Cart during this part. I was trying not to slip on an orange peel!

Starting to break off for the Marathon.... Sucked seeing the half marathoners finishing up.

Some of the street entertainment!

Can't you tell how the Marathon crowd thinned out? 

I'm glad this is experience is over. I've resumed normal running, but haven't gotten into my groove. Tomorrow, 12 miles.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon