Stressful Times

These past couple of weeks have been extremely stressful. Between work, buying the house, and everyday life, my world has been absolutely ridiculous. It's affected my mental well being and prevented me from actually completing my workouts.

I did start my workout plan, but couldn't get my two a day workouts in. I did manage to get four of the workouts in, but I missed three of them.

My hill workout was ridiculously hard!! My first minute in, I was already profusely sweating and out of breath. After completing it, I could already feel my muscles screaming at me. I was sore for about two days. The next day I decided to join a local run group for my "easy run." For those of you who know me, none of my runs are ever easy runs. We ended up doing 3.5 miles and by the time I was done my whole shirt was drenched with sweat. The group was big and had different pace groups which will definitely push me. The group stretched before the run and gave out free samples after the run. Overall, it was a solid running group and I'm already looking forward to next week. I took the next two days off  but got my tempo run in on Saturday. I ended up getting in 2.5 miles at 20 minutes.

I must admit, that I always used the word tempo runs, but never quite understood it. I figured I should probably read up about it if I was going to attempt to try it. Tempo runs are actually the type of training a runs that Kenyan athletes train by. These runs are aimed to train an individual at an "uncomfortable pace." This uncomfortable pace is anywhere between 30 seconds to 2 minutes more than your 5k pace (if you're training for a 5k). Now the more uncomfortable the pace, the more efficient you become cardio-wise. I definitely got my butt kicked.

Tomorrow, I start again, hopefully with no interruptions. Also, I'm hoping to get the house closed on Wednesday. Fingers-crossed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon