Oh the Holidays!

It seems like this time of the year people stop working out less and eating more. I try hard to keep portions a normal size and workout about the same if possible. The biggest thing you can do for yourself is put some sort of accountability checking place so you don't skip a workout. For me, I schedule a workout class with a friend or tell someone I'm going for a run. It works almost every time. 

I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Almost two weeks ago I was on vacation which was a blast and this past week I was busy getting ready for thanksgiving. During my vacation I managed to get a couple of runs in. The best run I had was in Monterrey. It was absolutely beautiful, and when you have beautiful scenery you easily lose yourself on a run. Each time I ran I aimed for at least 3 miles. When we went to Vegas I ended up logging four miles trying to scope out sort of the strip. After the run my husband and I walked a good part of the strip and all together it looks Ike we walked more then ten miles. Which gets me to my next point.. I lost three pounds when I came back from vacation. 

I was so stoked when I weighed myself. For sure I thought I gained weight. When I saw the weight loss, I was determined to keep it off and try to lose a couple of more pounds. So when N told me she was going to go on a cleanse, I jumped on board. The cleanse wasn't horrible and allowed you to actually eat food. The biggest key to the cleanse was drinking a gallon of water with lemon in it. Im not going to lie, it's probably the most hydrated I've been in my life. Although I didn't follow the diet to the tee, it did help me lose 2 pounds. So, even with the weight loss, I am still down only three pounds after thanksgiving which in my mind isn't too bad. 

Yesterday I tried to recover from the food comma most of us were probably in and ran 5 miles. I ended up averaging under a 9 min/mile which was a plus. Today I scheduled a workout at my gym with my friend j. It was intense and I burned a little under 500 calories. Now, I just need to hold it together until Christmas.... Tomorrow I'm probably going to relax my legs and cycle on the stationary bike. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon