A Day of Reflection

I was so busy getting things accomplished yesterday that I haven't really had a chance to reflect on this past year. However, in order to move forward I need to look back at 2012. Here's a short list of some of the main things that happened in 2012:

  • January: My husband and I moved to South Florida. He actually moved two months after I did which sucked pretty bad. 
  • From January to May I attended 5 weddings - we had a ton of invitations but could only go to 5 weddings. 
  • June: Grandpa was diagnosed with brain cancer and only expected to live three months. 
  • August: True to the doctor's words, grandpa passed away in a degenerated state three months later. Watching him deteriorate was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. 
  • December: The husband and I celebrated our three year anniversary on a cruise. 
Overall, this year was full of changes; it was hard, but we made it. I'm hoping this next year is better; scratch that - it will be better. The husband and I will be buying a house and trying to get our lives in order. 

Moving into 2013, I will be doing my first marathon. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared as hell. However, I'll get through it, because I'm not a quitter - stubborn as a mule. I have two half marathons in the next two months and hopefully a triathlon in May. I'll sign up for races as the year progresses, but nothing too major after February. I'm pretty excited to see what life has in store....

Today's Workout: In the morning I did Level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. In the afternoon, I did an easy (no gear) stationary bike ride for 30 minutes while listening to Carly Rae Jepsen's CD Kiss. It was surprisingly good! Pretty happy about my workout :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon