New Years Day

Today is New Years Day and it's already started off better than I anticipated...

Last night I fell asleep before midnight. Yup :) If you know me at all, you know this is typically how I roll: going to bed early and waking up early to workout or whatever else I need to do. So last night was no different. At 10:30 p.m. I fell asleep and was woken up at 12:07 a.m. by my husband to watch some of the crazy fireworks and wish me a happy new year. I quickly fell back asleep.

I woke up this morning to a clear warm day and thought what perfect weather to run 6 miles. Usually I take 6 miles easy, but hey - it's a new year. I wanted to push my limits. Last time I ran 6 miles I had pulled a little over 52 minutes, so I wanted to beat that. I barely beat it and pulled a 51:47. Not too shabby :)

I felt good but tired. Yesterday I had played a Jillian Michaels DVD - No More Trouble Zones... and no matter how many times I think I'm in shape, I realize I'm not. I think my soreness is due to my lack in weight training. I would like to focus more on weight training than cardio this year and am hoping to follow through with this plan.

This year is going to be busy and I can't wait for all the things that are coming up. I'm hoping to make this year a good one: race-wise and in my personal life. I'm also hoping to be a better blogger :)



1 comments:

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon