Not my Day Today

Do you ever have one of those days where you think the world is plotting against you? I'm sure you have... Well today was definitely that day for me.

Let's start off with some replays from the week first.

Wednesday: I had to conduct testing at work and worked almost a 14 hour day. I wanted to get a workout in and so I did the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD - Level 3 (of course). It was rough - what a surprise. However, planning my workout earlier in the day even when my day is booked shows you how you can still get a workout in even when you're "too busy".

Thursday: I was tired from the day before so I took a rest day. I typically take a rest day Friday, but I switched my scheduled run from Thursday to Friday.

Friday: My husband and I had a date night so I wanted to get my workout in before work. The schedule said to run 4 miles and so I did. I tried to do it at a decent pace, and so I tried to keep an 8:30 min/mile pace. I  ended doing the run in about 34 minutes... AND my date night was perfect. What a double-win :)

Saturday:  I had to run 12 miles. You're probably thinking - "That's not too bad of a run after running 20 miles" - and you're right. However. I'm clearly not a sane person and take off flying like a bat out of hell. At about mile four I started hurting and some of my body was in complete pain. The path I was running had four bridges. One of the bridges are steep as **** and by the time I passed it a second time I felt like my legs were on fire. That was at about mile 7.5. I still had 4.5 miles to go. I slowed down my pace and stopped to get a drink of water. I kept thinking to myself that I was almost there. I also kept looking at my Garmin, counting down the distance every couple of steps. You do what you have to do in order to make it through those brutal runs lol. I finally finished and took a seat on the pavement, stretching my legs and torso. During my stretch I could feel a dull pain in my shins. Not good. I stretched them out as much as I could throughout the day.

Sunday: The world is plotting against me day. I started my day by watching my coach race. It was a cool race which had you running for 6 hours in a park full of hills. The trail loop was 1.25 miles and  I watched her for a little bit but had to leave since I had a 5K in the morning an hour later. I zipped back home and put on my race bib, then ran to the race site. It was pretty close to home and so I figured I would run there. I finally got to the race site but couldn't find the exact location so I ran around the place but couldn't find a start line to save my life. I did find mile 2, so I tried to back track back to the start. I couldn't find it and so I got to a place that was a good enough spot to search for two of my friends and quickly found them. They were walking, so I jumped in and walked the course (well not the whole thing probably like 1.75 miles).

Afterwards, I had to go to work. It was pretty sucky and I couldn't find any of the things I needed easily. I finally finished everything at work and went home. While I was at work, I got a phone call from our realtor. We had gone to look at a couple of houses and none of them worked out. It was just discouraging, and it made me kinda of frustrated. I know I still have a couple of more months to find another place, but I'm a planner and I want to know where we are going. Overall it was a poopy day. Not to mention I caught every red light possible (ok - I'm exaggerating) but a whole lot of red lights on my way home and going to the grocery store. The rest of the day was blah, but I was so far gone in my bad mood that I couldn't shake it. Well, like they always say: Tomorrow is another day....

My coach is in the background!! It was so dark and cold!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon