Starting to Enjoy Running again..

This past week I've been trying to organize the house. Yeah we've been trying to settle down, but there is random crap in everywhere room and its annoying :) So, every day I've been trying to accomplish one task so I don't leave it all for the weekend!! So far my plan is working. I've even managed to cook dinner AND workout!

This past week I ended up biking at home (after being super sore from orange theory on Sunday). It actually went pretty well. I blasted my iPod as I cycled indoors while watching tv. I went hard on every other song, totaling out to about 5 songs. One of my songs is "She's a maniac," and well let's just be real.... That is a great song to cycle to.

I don't really remember what I scheduled to do on Tuesday, but Wednesday I ran on the treadmill!!! It was my first inaugural run in the new house and it sucked lol. Since it was in the garage it was super hot!! After 2.5 miles I was exhausted and had to come in to cool down and not die. I finished 3 miles but had to be much more smart about my pace instead of starting out like a bat out of hell.

Thursday I ended up trying the 5:45 class at orange theory and it wasn't half bad. I liked the instructor but wished she had better music during the class. Having good music is essential to a group class, especially when you want me to push my limits in the weight room and treadmill. I did however, like how she got down on the floor with you to push you while you were in between sets or encourage you when you needed it. I will definitely go to her again, but not this coming week.

Friday I took off, but Saturday I ran 5 miles. It was the first time I actually enjoyed running again. I had my headphones on and just started going. I wasn't trying to hit a certain time, but after mile 2 I looked down at my watch and realized I was going at an 8:30 min/mile. Since I was running at 9:30 am the sun was blaring and I had to pace myself a little better, but when I finished I was smiling. I don't know if it was the fact that I put zero pressure on myself to hit a time, or if the conditions were perfect, but I started falling in love with running again. I went running again today and I didn't think about how much longer until I reached the end. Instead I was thinking I could keep going. I'm glad this love came back, because I was getting worried. I mean, I know I'm not the biggest person on the planet, but I love to eat and running allows me to eat a lot. Overall, this is a complete win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon