Watching my calories..

I hate to apologize for the lack of blogging, but I'm sorry! This past week I went on a trip to Columbus, Ohio and had planned to go for a run, but because of the sketchiness around the hotel I decided against it. However, I did run on the treadmill and get some weights in :)

I got home Wednesday night and decided to take Thursday off from any type of working out. I did schedule an orange theory class Friday early morning and totally got my butt kicked. The girl who teaches the class is a complete machine and got me to burn 100 more calories than I typically do. The only thing that sucked about the workout is that a nerve in my shoulder was pinched and I think I aggravated it during the workout. It would end up bothering me the entire weekend..

Saturday I woke up in pain and so I figured I better do something low impact. I was also shooting for convenience, and so I hopped on my bike and spun while watching some tv. Talk about relaxation... Sunday I woke up in pain again but I really wanted to run. I hadn't really nailed down a distance, and I wanted to hop on the scale to check out my weight. My eyes kinda popped out of my head when I saw that I gained 5 pounds in the last two months. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I've seen how weight slowly creeps on. Before you know it 5, becomes 10, 10 becomes 15 and so on. I mean eventually the weight gain stops, but before you know it, you're running more and eating less. If you know my take on eating, well dieting is like starvation mode to me. So after I saw the scale I decided to go in a nice 4 mile run. I also decided to start calorie counting again. I tried it years ago and it made me realize how much crap I was really eating. I figured I would try it again and logged in to the my plate section on the live strong site. This site is awesome and is filled with tons of information. I'm two days in and have been doing pretty well. Although I haven't completely eliminated sweets, I'm definitely getting a better handle on my food intake.

Now as you know, every plan has a goal, and while my long term goal is to look fantastic in Vegas (if we end up going), my short term goal is to be healthy for my birthday in Sanibel in a couple of weeks...

Now, since I had a lot to catch up on.. I'll talk about my crazy orange theory workout today on tomorrow's post.. Until then.. Goodnight :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon