Being Sick ...

So I'm sick again... I think I have a cold... I rarely get sick, but already this year it has hit me twice. I try to nip it in the butt when I first feel it coming on, but I don't feel like I've been too consistent with my treatment. So, what do I do when I have a cold? I take 2 Echinacea pills twice a day, a zinc pill, a B12 pill, and a multivitamin. Afterwards, I gargle salt water and have some tea. When I follow this routine, I usually feel better in about 2-3 days. I'm on day 3 and I still feel like crap. I also typically take Emergencee (I mix it with OJ and it tastes DELICIOUS), but I don't have any at home and I've been too lazy to stock up on some. So there you have it. My quick fix for trying to nip a cold in the butt. I'm hoping that tomorrow I might finally feel better.

Enough with my sickness, what about your workouts? Well, since I've been MIA for almost two weeks, I figured I should catch everyone up. I won't bore you so I'll give you some of my workout highlights:

  • I raced in a 5K this past weekend and pulled a 24:08. This time was not bad considering that I haven't been training for a 5K race. What's also impressive is that I was bogged down by slow runners during the first 5 minutes of the run. Since I tend to stay in the back this typically happens to me, but this time it was pretty bad.
  • I did a hill workout last week. I used the overpass right next to my house as my "hill". I ended up doing 6x400s in less than 2 minutes each with a jog down the hill as my recovery. This KILLED me but afterwards it felt amazing. I definitely want to incorporate more hill workouts. Next time I might aim to do 4x800s.
  • I've been getting my Orange Theory on twice a week. I love this place and my husband says I should be on their payroll I talk about it so much. I honestly can't help it though, I feel like they really give me a hard workout and I love seeing my numbers after class.
  • I bought new shoes!!! They are Sauconys of course! I'm trying a new type of Saucony - Progrid Kinvara 3. I'll let you know how the shoe works. I'm an underpronator so I'm actually trying to find a shoe that works for me.
So there you have it! Some exciting stuff going on! This coming week I've got another 5K and I'm hoping I can continue my trend of getting low 24s or maybe even a 23 minute 5K. I'll also be going on some doctor appointments next week. I'm not sure if I blogged about this before but it looks like I might have an underactive thyroid. I'm going to my primary care physician this week to see what the deal is and hopefully get some more information. This all came about because I was suffering from some weird heart palpitations. It turns out the underactive thyroid MIGHT be causing this. Anyways, I'm a firm believer in trying to get your heart conditions taken care of since you've only got one. I'll keep everyone posted once I hear more.

Happy Trails :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon