So I Guess This is What House Arrest Feels Like...

Let me explain the title before anyone thinks I'm under house arrest or have been placed under house arrest....

My dog had surgery for a mast cancer tumor on his leg. This is his second surgery in three months and he is only 6 years old. I was pretty devastated when we found this new tumor and we scheduled surgery within a week. Our bank account took a hit and we knew how tough recovery would be because we've been through it before. However, this time recovery has been going much better. Maybe it's because we're actually following the rules and putting the cone on him....

We put the cone on him when we go to bed (because we know he'll go after the stitches) and whenever we go out (which we haven't really done). So when I get up I take the cone off and watch him. Since I've been doing that I have opted to do my workouts at home. Since I've been home, I've been: cycling, trying in-home workouts from Fitness Magazine, and getting my butt kicked with Jillian Michael videos.

Today's workout was No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. I don't know how people can do that video every day. I'm already sore... AND I've been doing Orange Theory for a couple of months. It's ridiculous, no matter how much I train I always get my butt kicked - every single time..

As I was doing the video, I thought about what I would do once my Orange Theory agreement ran out. I like the gym, but it's really expensive. I'd save almost 100/month by not doing it. That's a lot of money, and we've been trying to save money. Also, I've invested in a lot of workout accessories and could probably replace it with doing some in-home workouts. I've got a treadmill, stationary bike set-up, tons of work-out videos, weights, kettle bells, and Fitness magazine articles. I can make it work. Over the next couple of months, I will try to incorporate some of these workouts into my routine. Ok - maybe after the beautiful running weather is over.

This coming weekend my dog gets his stitches out and life can hopefully resume back to normal. As much as this process sucks, I'm just glad he is okay and that his recovery has been better than the first time around. Special thanks to my parents and in-laws for helping out with him throughout the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon