And So It Begins...

So far my training has been going really well. I kinda laugh at myself when I incredulously look at the time I am expected to hit, thinking to myself, "seriously? He wants me to hit that?" I even get nervous when I head out the door to start my run. My heart is pounding as I being picking up speed, occasionally looking at my Garmin to make sure it's working.

So far here are my workouts for this past week (I should post all of my workouts but it would be too much to write. I promise I'll get better about posting):

Monday:

8x.25 miles (1:50 each): 1:42; 1:42; 1:41; 1:44; 1:45; 1:48; 1:51 (Missed by a second!!); 1:49
8x.25 miles (2:15 each): 2:14; 2:13; 2:10; 2:11; 2:12; 2:15; 2:11; 2:02

So all in all I did 4 miles, and you know what? It wasn't that bad. Yes - I will admit it sucked as I prepared myself for the next sprint, but it felt great when I was finished. For the longest time I've been in a running rut, and I finally think this was the thing I needed to get me out of it. I have become so comfortable running at my own pace, failing to really push myself. Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now.

Tuesday: I actually rested. For those of you who know me, this was hard for me to do.

Wednesday: Three miles (7:45 pace): My total time: 22:43 (7:34 pace)

I was truly stoked about this time. I honestly thought there was no way in he - double hockey sticks that I would hit this target. Sure I can hit it during a race, but when you're out on your own it's so hard to make those good times. Just to see how I did, I broke up my splits in half: I ended up running the first half in 11:30 (7:40 min/mile pace) and the second half in 11:13 (7:29 min/mile pace). I was so happy that I was on cloud rest of the day.

Thursday: I ended up not doing Orange Theory, so I actually used this day as my bike day. I had an easy 30 minute spin which I completed in my garage gym!

Friday: I made this my rest day instead of Sunday. I had Orange Theory today and a race on Sunday so I decided to let me body rest one more time before this weekend started. I still like to do something active with my dogs on Fridays, so we did a 2.5 mile loop walk. We jogged at some points, but nothing crazy by any means.

Saturday: Orange Theory Fitness (OTF) today!! Today's class was okay. Nothing too crazy. We had 7 minute blocks that included the treadmill, rowing machine, and weight room.

First Block of 7 minutes on the treadmill: 2 minutes at base pace; 1 minute all out; 30 second rest; 45 seconds base pace; 45 seconds all out; 30 seconds rest; 30 seconds base pace; 30 seconds all out; 30 seconds rest. I got up to 12 speed on the sprints - Yay!

Second Block of 7 minutes on the rower: Row 100; Mega Ball (MB) Squat Presses 10; Row 150; MB Squat Presses 15; Row 200; MB Squat Presses 20. I held a 25 pound MB and it sucked. Especially after not doing OTF for a week.

Third Block of 7 minutes in the weight room: 12 chest press reps with leg lifts; 12 squat tap military press reps; 12 lunges with a bicep curl (6 on each side). I grabbed 10 pound weights at first and then ended with 12.5 pound weights. By the end my arms were hurtingggggg.

Fourth Block of 7 minutes on the treadmill: Go as far as you could in 7 minutes - I got to 0.95. I was so close to a mile. So.Very.Close.

Fifth Block of 7 minutes on the rower: Row 100 meters and 20 oblique twists with the MB (10 on each side). I kept looking at the clock at this point wondering when this was going to end.

For the last couple of minutes of class (our instructor definitely started us later than she should have causing us to end early) we did a minute of each: weight room; rower; treadmill at an all out pace. In the weight room we did chest presses on the SBT straps for 30 seconds and then 30 seconds of pushups; on the treadmill we sprinted for a minute at all all out pace; and, on the rower we rowed for 1 minute straight. As always, we ended with a nice stretch.


Overall, this week has been crazy with the exercise intensity. I really like it though. On the plus side, since my little attempt at weight loss, I have finally reached my goal weight (well kind of). I'm officially at 137. Would I like to lose a few more pounds? Sure. But, I'm happy with the way I am and if I do lose the weight, it will just be an added bonus. I'm just so excited to be following a training plan and getting back into running. I'll let you guys know how I do tomorrow. Nothing like a St. Patrick's Day Run!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon