Still Going...

Last week was probably the closest I've come to following my training program to the tee! I've had to modify and adjust my workouts because of my ridiculous schedule, trying the best I can to kill my workouts. 

Let's review my week:

Monday - sprint day!! I had to do 5x400s (1:46) 2x800s (3:42) with 7x400s (2:11) recovery after every sprint. I haven't reviewed my splits, but I'm pretty sure I hit my 400 meter sprints in the time given, but not my recovery times. I was annoyed I couldn't hit my recovery times, but i hit my sprints which is awesome. When I finally get to my 800s it started to rain so I figured I would finish my workout on the treadmill. I actually felt like absolute garbage at this point and was glad to take a break. On sprint days I've been suffering from cramps and I'm pretty sure it's my IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I was actually diagnosed with IBS in college and was on medication. The medication was only for the times I needed it which seemed to only hit me when I ran hard. I haven't had any problems since, until recently. I'm trying to avoid going to the doctor, but I'm figuring I might have to go soon. Ugh. When I tried to do my 800s, I couldn't hit them on the treadmill and after the first one was so frustrated that I didn't finish. 

I know I holding give up, but I did. I was pissed off and frustrated and was really trying. Once I hit that point I know I'm not being productive so I just stop instead of going into a complete meltdown. So yup, there was my workout. 

Tuesday: off!!

Wednesday: 3 mile repeats - 7:30 min/mile
I ran with a run club so I could get motivated to hit my goal. Too bad I sucked again and only hit my goal once. First mile : 7:00 min/mile; Second mile: 7:38 min/mile; 7:44 min/mile. Ughhhhh, why??? Regardless, I'm glad I finished. 

Thursday: Orange Theory day! I totally forgot what we did... But I'm sure it sucked lol. I'm still sore from my workout.. That's all I have to say..

Friday: 30 minute spin - in my office!!! Yup, I have a spinning machine in my office (it's tiny), but still I have one!! So yay me!!

Saturday: Orange Theory.. It was mostly leg work... I'm sore..

Tomorrow.. 6 miles at an 8:15 min/mile... I hope I can make this goal... I need it.. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon