The Holiday Seasons

This time of the year is typically my favorite, but this year it was not. This year I have a lot of feelings and emotions in my personal life towards some of my family members. I think the biggest issue I have is that I don't speak up for myself. I often times get stepped on and "pushed" into certain things I really don't feel like doing. Not only that, but this constant need to be perfect all the time and say the right thing gets old sometimes. One of my new years resolutions this year is to speak up a little bit more.. Maybe if I did I wouldn't feel so miserable sometimes (plus I think the husband would do a little victory cheer for me if I did). 

Overall Christmas was fine. I ended up getting more gifts than I need, but am so grateful for the love and generosity. It's hard not to think about those children who are disappointed that Santa doesn't come to their house. Sigh.. enough of the sad stuff and the venting, let's talk about happier things... like my workouts :)

Earlier this week I posted about my struggles doing my longer workouts, and although I only did a 6 mile run on Tuesday, I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. Six Mile Total Time = 52:16. My first mile was a 10:00 min/mile warmup (give or take 5 seconds); my second mile was about a 9:00 min/mile and from them on I tried to make the rest of the run a tempo run/negative split. (I pretty much just sped up when I felt good or heard a good beat and slowed down to recover when I needed it). After I was done I felt absolutely great and smiled to myself (not because I'm a psycho lol) because I think I can beat this 2:00 hr half marathon time. I really do; I just have to do it. 

The day before (Monday) I had done a Jillian Michaels DVD workout: No More Trouble Zones and I must say I really liked it. You can actually pick which areas you want to focus on and customize the workout. It was a rest day so I figured a 20 min workout involving my core and total body wouldn't be so bad. I could feel my muscles crying in anguish but ignored them and finished my 3 sections I chose. I must say that I still feel sore lol....Jillian Michaels... seriously kicks my butt every single time lol.....

Today was a cross training day and so I biked. I also ate pretty crappy and figured this low-impact exercise wouldn't make me feel like death lol. I kept a steady and fast cadence for about 40 minutes and called it a day. 

Tomorrow: Four Miles... I think I'll take it nice and easy and enjoy this weather. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon