My Headbands Finally Came!!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in another post, but finding good headbands is pretty difficult for a girl who has frizzy, curly-ish type of hair. I've tried a bunch of things: Scunci, Halo, Nike, and some other regular headbands, but nothing has worked. Then a couple of days ago, a friend on facebook was commenting on these headbands that she swore by, so I bought them. They are by Bondiband and are really cute (plus they have fun sayings on them). For those of you who know me, funny sayings + me = Ridiculousness. I bought 4! My favorite one is definitely the one that says: Will Run for .. and shows a bunch of my favorite foods :)



Tomorrow I'm not too sure what my workout will consist of. I wish I had these headbands today because I did 4 miles this morning. It was blazing hot, and I could have used something to hold my hair back. I tried to scale down my pace because of the heat and still finished at a 9:09 min/mile pace. Thankfully I had some shade and brought water full of ice. Last time, I had to stop and actually sit still to recover because I felt so overheated. Summer running is extremely hard, especially in South Florida. I haven't run outside enough to acclimate so I've been trying to do shorter distances and slow down my pace. As much as I hate to admit it, you need to be smart during these training runs and not kill yourself, or else you might end up in the hospital. I can't wait until it gets cooler...

I usually do Orange Theory (OT) on Sundays, but since school started they changed the schedule and no longer have the class I used to go to on Sundays. I'm pretty annoyed. Luckily they're morning classes are pretty early, but I just really loved Sundays. I actually went to OT on Friday morning and we had a hell of a workout. We had to do something called Greenacres (?), which consisted of a squat, plank, row on each arm, jump your feet up to your hands, and an overhead press. The sets consisted of 20, 15, 10, 5. Each time you started a new set, you needed to grab heavier weights. I ended up with 20 pound dumbbells. Its crazy how much stronger I've gotten in the past couple of weeks, I could barely lift 10 pounds when I first started!! In between each set you had 1 mile, .75 mile, .50 mile, .25 mile. You could either do these distances rowing or on the treadmill. I chose to switch things up and did a run, row, run, row. On the mile I hit a 7:35 mile and a 3:25 half mile. I was pretty proud of my half-mile.  I really do love it there.

I might do sprints in the morning. If I do, I'll try out my headbands. I really should bike though, considering I have a triathlon next week...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon