I Lost My Keys

I lost my keys during run club tonight. I mean I've done a bunch of dumb things, but this has to take the cake.

So on Wednesday nights I go to run club. It's pretty awesome because I've designated this day as a day to push myself. They've got runners of all paces and some of the faster runners help me to push my pace. Tonight started off particularly well because I made a new friend who I might run with on Mondays.

So I started the run and put my key in my Ipod holder (my first bad idea of the night). I took off and ended up killing the run. I did 3.72 in 30:03. As I finish my run I go to grab my key and nothing is there. Oh shit. This is not good. I actually stay pretty calm but have no idea what to do next. I ended up borrowing that one girl's phone and call my husband. No answer. I know he's screening his calls so I leave him a voicemail hoping he checks I after I'm gone for a long time lol.

I start walking around retracing my steps but have no luck. I wait some more. I pass by one of the guys I recognize and he lets me borrow his phone. Perfect. I call my husband - no answer. I leave him a text and two seconds later he calls back!!! I tell him what happened, and he naturally laughs and says he will be right over with the key.

Twenty minutes later he's there with the key and I get into my car. As I turn on the car I think about two things: 1 - Put your key in that stupid clear bin everyone else puts their keys in. 2 - Don't try to lose your key. You are ultimately screwed if you do.

I can't help but laugh it off now. I was literally stranded and contemplating running about 3-4 miles back home. Instead my wonderful husband saved the day :) On a separate note, I lost one of my freaking yurbuds. Luckily I lost one of my other pairs too.. so I can now combine them... Yay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon