Changing It Up

So I failed to post Friday... but no fear I will recap my workout.

My Friday workout ended up consisting of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Video - Level 2.. let me tell you something no matter how fit I am that woman can still kick my ass in 27 minutes. I really like this video and instantly felt sore once I finished it- its 3 circuit training loops with 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio, 1 min of abs.

After the video I decided to eat something healthy... One thing that I think I have failed to mention in my blog is that my biggest problem with being healthy is my diet. However, with that being said I have been on the road to a "healthy living diet" One of my favorite morning breakfast items is a two egg omelette with green onions and fat free cheese and also chocolate mile (chocolate milk is really good for runners):



Also... I PICKED UP MY BIKE!!!! Here is a picture:



I was originally supposed to pick it up on Wednesday but they didn't have it right. I'll admit I was a little annoyed because I paid a lot of money for that bike and it had already come in on Monday. Since I sold my old bike, I was bike-less and thats not okay for my training routine. Oh and one more thing!! I bought new Sauconys online!!! They are the Sauconys Progrid Guide 3! They have really good reviews and I am excited to trade in my New Balances... News Flash there are some shoes I really like to run in. New Balances and Nikes are definitely not them.

Saturday's workout consisted of a 10 mile workout in under 1 hr and 40 minutes. Not a bad pace but I do want to get a tad faster before the half marathon. I felt absolutely amazing and was quite entertained on my run. I got to see ROTC working out and they cheered me on during my workout, my friend E and her husband riding bikes, and a woman asked me what mile I was on after passing me twice on her run. I must say I really do have the most random encounters when I run.

Random Tip of the Day: When training for races, have two pairs of shoes. One pair of shoes are "heavy clunkers" that consists of your everyday training shoe. The other will be your light race day shoes. Not only will you be faster, but you'll feel like you're running on air. Plus, your shoes should always have 24 hours to recover from your workout (odd huh) so having alternate shoes is always beneficial if you are running 24 hours before your last run.

1 comments:

  1. I had no idea about the shoe thing. Kind of like bras though. You're supposed to let bras "rest" for at least 24 hours (48 better) between wearing them so that the elastic can get back in to shape. If you need some great healthy meal ideas, check out http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/. Cheap, yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon