Weekend Insanity

So this weekend I may have overtrained... Saturdays are my long run and I had planned to only go 10 miles (I had run 9 the week before). Well next thing I know, my legs took me 11.5 miles. I felt ok but I'm still pacing about a 10 minute mile (not ideal for me.) I want to PR my last race time which was 2:06. I need to pace under 9 min/mile. Ugh.. I'm almost ready for my half marathon. I have to admit I'm pretty excited to dress up my friend's dad in a tutu for the Disney Princess half. On the down side, I found out the other girl I was going to run with is injured and won't be able to run it. :(

On Sunday I ran 15 miles and then ran 2. I wasn't super excited to run so I ran on the treadmill, yeah I punked out. Whatever...I hate biking. I had trouble and I hope it was because I was an idiot yesterday.

Today I "spun" for 40 minutes...I totally clipped out of my 45 minutes but whatever... Again, I think it's because of my hatred for biking. I did weights at home and let me tell you those 3 lb weights kicked my ass. I know it seems like a small weight, but well I don't do weights often. I did arms today and I kid you not my arms hurt. It might also be because I haven't done weights in months and I'm a weenie, but I figure that it will benefit me in the long run.

That sums up my three days I missed :)

PS I am researching thigh compression sleeves. I am willing to try everything and anything to improve my biking, so let the research begin....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon