Tested my Bike!!

So today is my "biking" focused day!

The weather still has been crappy for riding, which sucks. Now the weather is not necessarily "bad" weather but the wind gusts make it completely miserable for me to ride in, and so I am a weenie and avoid riding outside all together. Instead, I set up my trainer in the house and decided to ride for an hour and a half. I bought my indoor trainer months ago (Bell Indoor Bicycle Trainer- from Amazon for like $80), but the trainer didn't come with something to hold it stationary and leveled. Soooo I finally bought the front piece to the trainer (Cycle Ops- Amazon $22) and WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE! My riding experience was much more pleasant. However, this could also be attributed to my snazzy new bike :)

Now, I changed out the seat to my bike, but the pedals are the ones that came with the bike. I do have other pedals (but when I sold my bike I couldn't take them off- so the girl who bought it from me was going to take them off and bring them back). However, I must admit pedaling without clips on was kind of nice. It made me wonder whether or not I wanted to put my old pedals in....I might want to get old school regular pedals and install those. That way I don't feel like I'm going to bust my butt when I brake.

After biking on the trainer, my husband wanted to go biking in the park. He just got a new bike too (Motobecane) and wants to start biking more which is fabulous. We didn't go too far, maybe 8 miles, but it was absolutely amazing!! Taking my bike on the open road for the first time was GREAT! I feel so much more comfortable and confident on my bike and absolutely love it. I'm not too sure on my speed because my bike computer wasn't up, but I just felt great riding. Overall, I am extremely pleased with my new bike! Who knows, maybe I'll turn into a biker...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon