My Day off..

So today is my day off :) It feels good to have a day off. Yesterday I did sprints and it wasn't too shabby. Again it was on my lame treadmill so who knows my actual distance/speed.

I decided to warm-up (I'm notorious for not warming=up) for about 5 minutes. At the 5 minute mark, I started picking up the pace at about 5.1 (I started at 4). After I completed a 400M I would go into a 400M sprint at 7 (thats what I started with anyway.) I did 40 minues of sprints which equals out to a little over 4 miles (without the warm-up). I ended up getting the treadmill to over 8 and keeping it there for 400M. I also put the incline to 2.0. I read somewhere that for treadmill workouts, increasing the incline does better for your performance then just increasing your speed all the time. Oh I forgot to mention the other shocker- I cooled down lol...for 5 minutes!! What is this world coming to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon