Random Strangers

The type of people that you pass when running can be quite interesting. Some of you know I either get yelled at by strangers from cars, bikes, other runners, etc. Sometimes it's cat calls, sometimes random things like "This is a great way to start new year, huh?" and the list can go on. Today was another sort of interesting though.

I ended up switching my sprint day from yesterday to today because I ate out for lunch and felt pretty gross. You want to get your workouts done on days where you know you can give it your best effort. Regardless to say, I dreaded the "hill" that I was going to be doing my sprints on. (The fact that it's called a "hill" is quite amusing seeing that 95% of the hills in Florida are probably like small mounts in others states).

So I get to the "hill" stretch and mentally prepare for what I am about to do. So I start my first sprint (about a 200M distance) and as I'm rounding the corner I see a girl running towards me. No big deal, seeing that I pass by runners all the time. So I head back down jogging slowly to prepare for my next sprint. As I start my second sprint, I see her round the corner mimicking my work-out for the day. I kind of played it off, seeing that she might be finishing her run, but when I turn back from my second sprint, I see her coming back. Regardless to say it's bizarre that someone would be doing the same work-out on that hill since in all my years of running I've only since track teams or other small workout groups do that hill. Well needless to say she only did the hill twice and disappeared. I ended up doing 6X200 and I felt like death. I hope this sprinting up the hill thing gets easier lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon