Morning Workouts are Draining..

I woke up at 4:50 a.m. this morning for another morning workout. Orange Theory has a 5:15 a.m. class every weekday that I try to go to once a week. Waking up for that one class is hard enough so I try to do it at the end of the week. However,  yesterday morning I woke up at 5:25 a.m. to get in 3 mile run. I know what you're thinking - why the heck are you running by yourself that early in the morning? Simple, I bring pepper spray, run like hell, stay alert, and plan to kick some major ass. Sure working out in the morning makes you feel energized and great, but let's be real, it makes you tired as hell.

This morning I felt like a zombie as I walked into the gym. I actually started the "weights" circuit first instead of the cardio (I've never done that). At first I thought it was a bad idea since my heart rate wasn't going up, but my final calorie count shows a different story. The weights circuit was about 25 minutes long and had three different rounds. The first round was about 11 minutes, the second round was about 8 minutes long, and the third round was 3 minutes long. For the first round they had us do three workouts: 10 Burpees, 20 mountain climbers, 10 Jumping Jacks, and 20 twists. The next set consisted of  12 up/down planks, 10 plank jumping jacks, and 12 jumping lunges. The last set consisted of 10 TRX bands like squat, 10 tricep curls, 10 upright rows, and 200 meters of row. Good news is I wasn't last, but I definitely wasn't first.

Next was cardio. It was also split up in 3 blocks. The fist block was to run a mile as fast as you can in 11 minutes. Once you finished you had to do 40 seconds of all out sprint and 30 seconds of walking. I got my mile in at 7:30 and finished up the set. The second set was a split of 2 minutes push pace with recovery time in between push pace The last set had to do with push pace and all out sprints (I don't remember the break down of them).  At this point I was beyond tired. During the weight circuit I was conscious of how focused I was on my workout. It's like literally nothing else in the world mattered except the move. I was tired.

Tomorrow.. I'm sleeping in and not working out.. and I'm having fondue hahaha... What can I say .. I workout to live not live to workout. However, once I get my workout on.. I turn into a beast.. until it's over..

                       

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon