It's Been a While

Ahh! I haven't blogged in two weeks! I'm sorry! A lot has happened in the last two weeks.

First things first, I got three of my subscription boxes and I was impressed with some, and not so impressed with others. I'll give you a run down of those first!

Bulu Box- I bought three months of this subscription box through a Living Social deal and haven't been very impressed so far. It only has 3-4 samples of weight loss products and the samples are extremely small and unappealing. I haven't tried any of the samples this month. I have had the product "Calm" in the past and wasn't super impressed with it. I actually got a whole bin of the product in one of my other subscription boxes a while ago, unlike this small packet. I think it's safe to say that I won't be reordering this product. Here is a picture of the box:

 


 
Klutch Klub: I've ordered this subscription box before and absolutely loved it! Last time I got yurbuds and some other pretty nifty samples that I can't remember. This time I ordered their limited edition healthy treats box for $10 with shipping and handling. So far I've tried a bunch of their samples - the pop chips, jelly beans, Fruit and Seeds snack (which was absolutely amazing), and dark chocolate bar. All of the samples were absolutely amazing!!! They did have a Wheatgrass drink, and that's the only sample I'm not too sure of. I probably won't order this subscription on a regular basis because they have deals on them all of the time! Here is a picture:



Kona Kase: My absolutely FAVORITE subscription box. They actually had a bunch of my favorite athletic nutrition. I love the Power Bar (I actually talked about this in one of my last posts). I love Skratch lab hydration products. They are supposed to be the best hydration product you can intake after a hard workout. I've ordered it online before. The Kind granola is fantastic on top of yogurt!!! I wasn't a big fan of the FlapJacks (It was wayyyy too plain for my taste) and I'm typically not a fan of the Honey Stinger so I gave it to a friend. The uplifting quote is pretty awesome too. I'm not going to lie, I'm probably going to keep this subscription. If at some point I don't think it's worth it, I'll cancel it.

 

I ordered two more subscription boxes: one is the Food for Love which I won't be getting until next month, and the other was Sample Society (a beauty box). I'll let you know how it goes once they come in. I think I like this subscription box is fad. It gives me an opportunity to venture out of my comfort zone in a good way.

Ok - so now for my workouts. I've been trying to keep up with my Orange Theory twice a week and then cross training in between. Last week in Orange Theory we did a burpee challenge where we did 100s of burpees and it absolutely sucked. This week, we had a partner workout where we had to pick our workouts out of a pumpkin basket. Every time we finished the workout, we picked a new one. It was pretty intense. I'm most likely going to go again on Saturday. I've got to take advantage of my membership until it runs out at the end of January. I really love it, but I'm also starting to miss running.

Which brings me to my next story: my freaking awesome 10K I did this past weekend. I signed up for this 10K a while ago and haven't been giving it the full training attention it needed. I did run 6 miles a couple of weeks ago, but it was a lame attempt at trying to cover some distance. Other then that, I've been running at the most 5 miles and it's been at like a 9ish minute mile pace. So when I went into my race on Sunday, I figured I would take it easy. The weather was absolutely wonderful (maybe a tad colder than I would have wanted) and I loved just being outside. Once the race started, I got into a comfortable pace. After a mile I looked down and I saw 8:10 on my watch; I was surprised, I didn't even think I was going to keep anywhere near an 8 min/mile pace. As I approached mile 2, I had the same result. At this point, I thought I could actually keep it up. So on and on I went. At the end, a 70 year old man came up next to me and told me to come on. I kinda chuckled to myself and made myself push a little harder. He ended up kicking my butt, but at that moment he gave me the little push I needed. I finished and ended up placing first in my age group; 8:02 min/mile pace. I ended up winning a cup full of candy, probably the best prize ever. Overall, I was impressed with myself and it's motivated me to maybe train a little more. Next 10K is in January... maybe this time I'll train a little bit harder.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon