Worst Idea Ever...

I went to Orange Theory today. Yup - dumb move. I mean y'all didn't stop me!! I know 8 of you read my post already. Someone could have commented and said - hey, you sure you want to do that? I might have thought to myself - you know what this is a dumb move.. but instead I went to class.

Today was probably the hardest workout we've had in class. It started off with running for 7:30 minutes at a push pace. The goal was to hit at least a mile. I did, but it sucked. Next, we moved to the weight room. We had to start off doing 10 reps of each of these workouts- thrusters, SBT rows, and pushups. After each set of workouts you decreased your rep by one - so it went 9, 8, 7, etc. While we were doing our reps, our instructor kept pushing us to go faster. After he called time, we went back on the treadmills with weights. Our goal was to sprint .08,get off the treadmill and then do 8 reps of squat thursters. After we completed each set, we had to sprint .08 followed by increasing the reps of squat thrusters by 2. After time was called, we went back to the weight room where we started off doing 3 reps of: snatches, box jumps, and burpees. After each set, you increased your reps by 3. Next, the instructor called time again and it was back to the treadmill. We had to run .25 on a 1% incline and started off with 20 kettlebell swings. After this set, we continued to run .25, increasing the incline by 2% each time and also increased the kettlebell swings by 10 each time. Lastly, we were on the rowers where we rowed 150 meters, 8 thrusters, and 8 medicine ball throw squats. After we completed the set, we continued to do 150 meters and increased the thruster and medicine ball throws by 2.

Yup. That was my workout. I burned the most calories I've burned in a class -550. I normally burn 450-480 calories. I'm sure after reading my post about this workout, some of you might think that this is ridiculous AND I guess it is. However, this is probably one of the most difficult instructors in that gym and I try to go to his classes. The other instructors aren't easy, but they give you more of an opportunity to recover in between all of the workouts.

Now, I'm taking an Ibuprofen before I go to bed and hoping for the best when I wake up tomorrow. On another note, I took a new nutrition product before my workout: Power Bar Performance Energy Blend. It tasted like baby food (which is delicious in my opinion). It wasn't too heavy on my stomach and it definitely helped me to push through my workouts. Thumbs up! I think I am going to try to scout it out to use for some of my workouts. After the workout, I tried another one of the nutrition products in my Bulu Box - AminoX (a recovery drink). It was awesome!!! The flavor was watermelon and didn't taste like crap. I'm not a fan of recovery drinks so I probably won't buy the product but at least it was good!

Tomorrow, I have to drop my car off for some work. While they work on my car I'm going to go for a jog (maybe walk depending on my legs). My rest day can't come soon enough!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon