Made It To The Podium!!

I have been a triathlete for some time; about six years to be exact. I can remember my first triathlon. It was a women's only triathlon and it calmed my nerves knowing that I would only be racing with women. The scariest part of the triathlon was the swim, and I knew that if I could make it through the swim, then I would be okay. I had a road bike at the time. Nothing fancy, just something to get me through the race. I mean, I didn't even know if I would enjoy doing triathlons. Lastly, I was a runner. How hard could the run actually be? Little did I know..

At the time little did I know that running after biking would be one of the hardest things to do (even as a runner). Your legs feel like jello as you start the run, and you pray it gets better. It does get better, but after about 5-10 minutes. So until then, keep running! Little did I know that this sport is a small community, and treats each other like family. At races you hear everyone cheer each other on. You recognize faces and talk to the regular racers. It's quite calming knowing someone else at a race. I used to do these races by myself, but meeting friends at races puts a whole new spin on things. Little did I know that I would love doing triathlons. Years later I've completed 12 triathlons. Two of these triathlons was a half ironman distance (which by the way is my favorite distance to race). The training for the race sucks, but once it all comes together at the race, you realize how truly powerful you are as an athlete. Overall, I'm glad I chose to do this sports years ago.

Now, I am mainly a runner. I am recognized by some of the local runners since I participate in club runs and races in the area. I have placed in a handful of races locally, but this time I actually made the podium for a triathlon!!!  It's kind of exciting to place in triathlons just because you actually get to stand on a podium! Although this wasn't my best race time, it was definitely a faster pace race and I got a good workout in. Let me tell you a little about the race.

 


The venue was CB Smith Park. Overall, I don't think I'm a fan of the venue. The lake for the swim had overgrown weeds in it, and that pretty much freaks me out. At the swim start, it was hard to spread out in the water and caused a bunch of us to run into each other, which sucked. After the swim you ran to the transition area which was hard pavement. I'm a fan of the grass, because of how soft it is. Once you got on the bike, you had to do two loops which consisted of an inside loop followed by an outside loop. There were a lot of turns so it was hard for you to really get speed. The run wasn't too bad and consisted of 2 loops. Overall, I'm not sure if I would race at this venue again. There are plenty of other venues which are much more enjoyable.

Oh, one more quick note. I just ordered a one month box of Kona Kase. What is Kona Kase? It's a monthly subscription box (the new fad) of 8-10 goodies for active people. For a discount code, use this link: http://email.curebit.com/c/cj1ldmllZ3JsNDIlNDBhb2wuY29tJnQ9b2ZmZXJzX2VtYWlsJmVudj1wcm9kdWN0aW9uJmk9NWZiNTQ4YzItZjc5MS00YTNiLTk0OWMtMTAwYTkwMzFiMWU3JTQwY3VyZWJpdC5jb20maD05M2QxMDcxYzVjYWY5MDJjMWI5YmI0MTljYzFmODJkZCZtc2dfaWQ9MTI1NzQ5OSZsPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZjdXJlYml0LmNvbSUyRnglMkZ6cW9vVjgmZD1mMw
Now, I've tried other subscriptions before - KlutchClub and Bulu Box. I think I'm even talked about them before. I'm currently still subscribed to Bulu Box and should get another box with goodies soon, and I just ordered a one time limited edition healthy box from KlutchClub.
So far, my favorite box was a KlutchClub box in which I received those awesome Yurbud headphones. The reason why I didn't continue was because of the monthly commitment. However, I'm seriously considering it after my Bulu Box subscription runs out or unless I find another subscription box which is better. There is one which I ould like to try which is the Runner Box, but it's $20 plus shipping which is expensive. I'm sure I'll splurge on it soon, but I want to try these first.

Tomorrow, I am going to Orange Theory. Please pray that I don't turn into mush after my workout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon