Feeling Out of Shape and Tired

Today I had run club! They had the Ice Bucket Challenge after the run, but since I did mine yesterday, I left right after my run so I wouldn't have to participate... I know.. I know.. In my defense I had to dump ice water on my head three times yesterday (since my husband wasn't home to videotape me, I kept having to do it over)... I also have to do it again on Tuesday. So seriously, I think it was okay. Here is a copy of my video :)


As much as the challenge sucked, it's for a good cause and has raised so much money which is amazing! Plus it's fun to watch people's videos. C'mon you know it. Ok, so enough about the Ice Bucket Challenge :)

I was so excited to go to run club tonight (ok, when am I not excited to go?) and hang out with my friend A. My ankle had been feeling better and I had started working out again, so I figured I could just go on a fast run. After a half mile, my ankle felt weird and I knew that my run was going suck. Not only did my ankle bother me, but I felt like I couldn't speed up my pace. I was having trouble just running. Now, the first mile, I pulled at 7:35, bur my overall pace for 3.5 miles was 8:03 min/mile. I know that's not bad, but I wanted that number to be faster. I'm hoping next week my ankle feels better and so do I..

On a brighter note, I really enjoyed my swim last night. The weather was beautiful. I got in about a half mile swim, and it felt fantastic. I love being in the water. I've also been going to Orange Theory, and found myself completely engrossed in my workouts every time. I think that now that the doctor has cleared me, I truly appreciate my workouts and just want to get through them as fast and efficiently as possible!!! I'm hoping for a good workout tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon