Hello Kitty Isn't A Cat?!?!?!?!

SO today I found out some devastating news.... Hello Kitty is not a cat... Yes, you read this correctly. Apparently we've been lied to about Hello Kitty for years. If you can't tell by now, then you obviously don't know me, but I am a HUGE Hello Kitty fan. This news comes as a personal blow to me. Here is the link that proves it all: http://www.peopl:e.com/article/hello-kitty-not-a-cat. I may drown my sorrows in some fro-yo - don't judge me.

Now that I've gotten that news off my chest, I can discuss my past couple of days. And, I can tell you they sucked. I've been struggling with getting back to my workouts. I think part of the problem is that nutrition-wise I've been completely unhealthy. I've pretty much eaten out for lunch everyday this week, and will be eating some dinners out as well. That is just not good. As much as I hate to say this, nutrition is really important for your workouts, not only as fuel, but bad foods can cause you all sorts of health problems and psychological problems (you're depressed because you're getting fat, and you eat to drown your sorrows- do you see this vicious cycle?).

On Monday my workout consisted of Orange Theory. I felt okay during class, but I was still sore from my Monday workout. I did fantastic on the treadmill. We spent about 25 minutes doing treadmill work which consisted of two blocks. The first block was a .20 mile run followed by 20 High Rows using the Rower Bar and a 200 meter row. The second block was a .15 mile run followed by 20 Tricep Rows on each arm and then a 200 meter row. I probably completed 4 of those workouts. For the .20 mile runs, I averaged under 1:15 minutes for each one and for the .15 mile runs, I averaged right under 50 seconds.

Once we got to the weight room I was dying. I can't remember all of the workouts we did (I personally think I don't remember the workouts because I hate my life during this time period), but we used the SBT straps ALOT and free weights.

Tuesday I ran. My Garmin wasn't charged so I decided to run Garmin-free. I was originally going to go for  3 miles, but since I don't have a set 3 mile course, I ran my 4 mile course :) I didn't run very fast and felt out of breath and pretty crappy during the entire run. I finished the run discouraged and frustrated. The only plus of my run was listening to the new Ariana Grande CD. My favorite songs of the moment: Why Try and Best Mistake.

So now we get to today... my run club.. I was dreading running tonight because I've been sucking horribly at all of my workouts, and I didn't want the club to see how badly I was sucking. I still decided to leave with the last group even though I considered running with the middle group. I have to admit, I'm glad I waited. Maybe it was Taylor Swift's new song "Shake It Off" or my racing flats, but I actually kicked some butt on my run. I hadn't been going faster than 8:15 minute miles the last couple of weeks, after being able to run under 8 minute/miles easily. However, tonight I was able to pull around 7:30 minute/miles for almost 4 miles (3.64 miles)!! I was so STOKED!! I needed that. I really really needed that. Even though I lost my Lululemon headband (those things are $14!!), I had a blast at run club. I got to see my friend A and a bunch of other people I knew. I really love that group. I can't wait until next weekend. One bonus about tonight: one of my friends got me a bumper sticker for my car :)


Tomorrow I'm having dinner with friends so I am going to try to get some Jillian Michaels Abs Workout In :) Lord knows I need to work on my abs..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon