When You're In the Zone

I talk about getting in the zone when I'm working out. Some of you might know what getting to that zone looks like, but some of you might not. Each person has their own "zone" that they get into when working out. Let me tell you what it's like for me when I get into the zone.

It usually takes me a couple of minutes to get in the zone during my workout. Once I start working out, I focus so much on my workout (whether it be running or Orange Theory) that I block out my surroundings and my inner thoughts. Once I successfully block out everything, I tune in on my form, pace, reps, music, etc. I pretty much focus on one thing that will help me complete my workout. 

When you're in this zone, you really don't acknowledge time. You don't stare at the clock, you don't countdown the seconds, or stop because "it seems like a lot of time has passed." You're literally lost in the moment. Again, you're just focused on what your doing at that exact moment in time and it feels incredible. Typically I feel invincible and strong. Once you're finished with your workout, you feel a high that just puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day and ready to kick the worlds butt. I love those kinds of days.

Today was definitely getting one of those days I got in the zone. I've come to enjoy my orange theory Saturday workouts. I typically run to class, get through the workouts, and run back home. Today's run was pretty humorous because there is some construction in the shopping plaza where orange theory is located in and it prolonged my run. I didn't expect the added length, so when I got to the fence that blocked the path, I loudly yelled out, "are you freaking kidding me?" Once I got inside the gym, I was sweaty and gross, and ready for class

I obviously got on the treadmill first, and was thrilled to burn off all the slices of pizza I ate the day before... I may have had pizza for lunch and dinner (don't judge me). Our workout block was to complete .20 (@ a 2% incline), followed by a 200 meter row. Each time you finished that block you repeated the block and increased the incline by 1%. I got through about 7 rounds of that block before time was up. 

For the weight room, we started off doing 8 reps of reverse lunges with a one leg squat on the sbt straps, followed by 8 reps of low rows. You had to do these two workouts continually for 5 minutes. After that block was finished, you had to grab free weight and do 8 reps of squats with a bicep curl, followed by 8 chest presses. This workout was done for 4 minutes and they instructor had me change my weights from 12.5 pounds to 15 pounds... Which was for the best ;) for the fourth block you had to 8 reps of Arnold palmers, 8 reps of Sumo squats,and one more workout which I can't remember lol.. The last set was 10 tricep extensions on the sbt straps, followed by 10 in and out jumps - ( these are really hard)!!!

I felt amazing during my workout, like all of the toxins were slowly draining out. I. Hoping to keep up my workouts this week. I really need to work on my nutrition because I know it's important... Until next time ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon