Another Day at Orange Theory

I went to Orange Theory this past Sunday and managed not to die like I did last week. Luckily I was only sore for two days as opposed to four. Today I decided to go again (J, the girl I go with wanted to go tonight) and was pleasantly surprised.

So, you have a slew of trainers you can pick from when you go to OT (ha - I sound like a veteran). Each trainer has their own personal touches, so you can either stick with your favorite or switch it up! I typically like to stick with one person, but after tonight, I might switch it up between the two trainers I've gone to.

The trainer I go to on Sunday really like Kettlebells. He likes to interject them in our circuits. The guy tonight was keen on cardio (my favorite). He didn't do as much Kettlebells as the other trainer, but I think I'm okay with that. I think I've figured out their main workouts: Treadmill, Rower, Kettle Bells, Free Weights, and TRX bands. They mix up their circuits but all together I think they need to use those specific workouts during the class.

Ok, so back to today's class. Since it was cardio-specific, he really had us on the treadmill working out. For one of our circuits we did do some rowing in between one of the sets and it definitely reminded me of brick workouts. We had to do .3 miles on the treadmill, followed by 300 meters rowing, then .2 miles followed by 200 meters all the way done to .1 miles. As I finished my first rowing workout to get back on the treadmill, I could feel the weight of my legs. This is perfect for triathlons - dead legs. I pushed through it and finished the circuit completely.

I definitely did well tonight. We get a report after each class that tells us how we did and which zone our heart rate was in and for how long. I'm getting into the red zone more which makes me happy :) Tomorrow is Run Club. Hopefully my legs don't feel like logs. If anything, I can get the lactic acid out of my system.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon