Day 2 of Being Sore

I'm still sore. Yesterday I couldn't walk correctly without feeling pain. Did Orange Theory work? I would say so. Maybe a little too well.

Soreness is the result or muscles that are torn due to strain on them. It is also a byproduct of lactic acid and other toxins that are released in your body after a serious workout. The best way to reduce the soreness is by actually getting the blood pumping and trying to excrete that out of your body.. by well.. working out.

So I decided to spin. Nothing serious. Just a light spin that had a consistent cadence for about 35-40 minutes. I stretched afterwards and it helped for about 2 minutes. Then today I woke up and my arm felt like a tree fell on top of it. Seriously, I don't think I've ever been this sore. I've been trying to stretch and relieve the pain, but holy crap. I mean I'm a decently athletic person.

So, what does this sick headed person do? Drive my happy butt to Orange Theory to officially sign up for my membership. I've only decided to only do it once a week since it's taking me over two days to recover. Plus, I figured I need to start my running routine again. I scheduled my coworker and I for Sunday. This time I will be in the red zone for over 60 seconds dammnit.

Side note: You can buy your own heart rate monitor strap, so I did. I also bought a cute tank that says: Base, Push, All Out, Repeat... Awesome motto...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon