Getting Settled

So after all of this time... we finally moved :) It's definitely been a process, but now that we reached the light at the end of the tunnel, I can now admit that it was worth it.

We had been packing boxes for weeks, and trying to get ready for the big move, but no matter how much you plan ahead, you're never ready. The day of the big move, pretty much everything had been done. We called for four of our friends to come over to make it as easy as possible. I must admit, having those extra hands really made the difference. Instead of Greg and I attempting to lift the heaviest things on our own, and fighting over everything in the process, we had other people to help. The move from the old place to the new place took about four hours. For the amount of crap we had, that's pretty frickin impressive.

So enough of the boring stuff. Let's talk about the cool new things that come with living in this new place.

1. We have over 800 sq feet more AND a back yard.
2. There is a Dairy Queen about 5 minutes away (the old place took about 10 minutes).
3. It's really close to the new running club that I joined.
4. The new area is conducive to running and comes with a place to run hills.
5. This area is not as busy or full of traffic.
6. We can paint the walls and not worry about painting them back.

The list goes on and on..

Although moving was awesome, my diet took a turn for the worst (and so did my workouts). I ended up not working out for the week again AND I pretty much ate out at least once a day for a week.  I felt gross, but I knew it would be short term. However, the day after we moved I went out for a nice 4 mile run. It was hot and ridiculously humid, but it felt nice. Slowly but surely I'll get back to my routine, but until then.... I've got some more decorating around the house :)

CD of the week: The Heist by Mackelmore - Uh-mazing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon