Another Week of Paradise!!

This week was crazy busy. I was pretty much out and about everyday after work this week. I am an everyday routine kind of girl, so this week really threw me for a loop.

On Monday I had my typical Orange Theory day. When I first got to class, they had a puzzled look on their face because they couldn't figure out why I wasn't in the class. It seemed like they made a mistake. I'm always in that class with my friend J, and she had gotten in, so why wasn't I scheduled too? Her and I are a two pack deal (It's crazy, even though she's older than I am, she is a powerhouse and pushes me during my workouts). So they let me in the class anyway and I am so glad I got in because I needed the workout. We had intervals on the treadmill where we ran .5 miles at 3% incline, .4 miles at 5% incline, .3 miles at 7% incline, .2 miles at 9% incline, and .1 mile at 11% incline with 250 meters of rowing in between each of those sets. I finished that set with four minutes to spare. In the weight room we had a variety of sets which included dolly pullouts, side lunges, bosu ball toe taps, and bicep curls with SBT straps. We had a couple of other exercises but I can't remember all of them. Hey, in my defense it's a lot of stuff to try to remember!

Wednesday was run club night! Of course I look forward to it every week. This week we had our usual group, and I ran 3.63 miles in about 28 minutes. The run was hot and humid, but I love that feeling of pushing through that type of weather and getting all sweaty. I know it's gross, but I really do absolutely love it.

On Thursday I had meetings that night so I decided to wake up early and get a spin in. I spun with a quick cadence for about 30 minutes while I was in the  living room. Overall this was nothing crazy, and honestly, I never really feel like I'm working out when I'm spinning for that short period of time. Regardless, I got a workout in. The rest of the day passed by quickly with work and meetings. My first meeting was for an executive board 5k meeting with a police athletic league. Since I'm trying to put together my own 5k (we have now accepted it'll be in the next 3 years), we figured this would be a good idea for me to do and learn from. My next meeting was with my church group, and I have to admit it was fun.. I'm on a committee chair this year so I have to play nice and be more social..

I took today off just like I took Tuesday off. I've got a 5k in the morning tomorrow and figured I would run hard tomorrow. Now, I'm not going to be crazy, but I'll run at a decent pace. Tomorrow's race is too big for me to try and PR in, and I don't think I'm in shape to PR even if I tried. I was pleasantly surprised at last weeks race where I got a 22:39.

So how do I wind down the week? By making myself a grilled cheese and watching Hunger games while taking selfies with my dog.. Yup.. That's what I totally did tonight while my husband took his final. Lol, I'm so ridiculous. I do want to leave you with my favorite song of the moment: "Animals" by Maroon 5. I think you should check it out :)  but before you do, here are our pictures of tonight.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon