Oh Silly Doctors..

This weekend I got to take off my heart rate monitor!!!! It felt like I had been wearing that thing for an eternity. I received my results today, but was disappointed in what it reported: pretty much nothing. My heart was normal. The biggest thing that they were concerned about (still) was how low my heart rate was dropping while I was sleeping. His recommendation was to adjust my lifestyle; however, I think the cardiologist realized that wasn't going to happen. He tried talking to me about medication and pacemakers, but I kinda tuned out at that point. Regardless I was going to go to another doctor. Oh silly doctors...

Enough about doctors, let's talk about how awesome this weekend was :) On Friday I ran three miles after work and then grabbed dinner with one of my friends from Orlando and her mom. We sat around and talked for about two hours, and it was a blast! I came home and pretty much passed out.

My Saturday started out with running to my Orange Theory class. After getting killed in class, I slowly ran back home. I honestly don't remember what we did in class, but it obviously kicked my arse because I was sore for like two days afterwards. After coming back from class, I threw on my bathing suit and headed to the beach to meet up with friends. I absolutely LOVE the beach. It's one of my favorite places. I hung out for a couple of hours and then headed back home to have dinner with my parents. They came over for a while and we ordered takeout while watching TV. I had a Black Bean Veggie burger with a baked potato. Little fun fact about me: I love veggie burgers; however, I am not a fan of turkey burgers...

On Sunday I wanted to head out for a 5 mile run. I decided to try to run on the trail where I lost my headband, hoping I would find it along the way. As I ran, I kept looking down, trying to see if I could find this thing. After 10 minutes, I FOUND IT!!!! I was so flipping excited; this pretty much made my day. Once I got home, I got ready to head down to Miami for a pool party for my friend A's 30th birthday. On my way down on the Turnpike, I saw fire in the sky and knew something was wrong. After 10 minutes, I hit dead stop traffic. Apparently a vehicle had caught on fire and the victim had to be airlifted. I have to admit it was one of the coolest things to witness, although it was a super sad circumstance. I give credit to those guys who do that job. They must witness a lot of bad crap, and that has to be hard to watch sometimes.

After about an hour after the accident, I finally got to the party and hung out with a ton of friends. I had such a blast. On my drive home I realized that I still hadn't taken out the bulk trash and cursed at myself. It was starting to get dark, and I did not want to take out all that junk out in the pitch black. Once I got home, I ran back and forth to try to get all of the trash out. We had ripped out the rest of the kitchen the previous week, so taking that crap out was a b$%@. I finally got it all done, and washed up before watching Magic Mike. Honestly, it was such a terrible movie!! But, I totally had to watch it lol...

On Monday I had another Orange Theory workout in the morning. I ran to the gym and got killed.... We had one minute round workouts where we had 45 seconds to transition from station to station. The instructor pretty much wanted you to work hard the entire minute that you were at your station. It was tough, and I was dreading running back home. Luckily, my friend J, drove me back home. Once I got home I worked on the front yard, and was surprised by my husband and the rest of the bachelor party he was celebrating with. I was so excited to have the guys there and have the opportunity to hang out with them for a little bit before they parted ways.

Overall this weekend kicked butt... however, I am so tired from all the shenanigans... I will tell you what I'm excited about this week: my new Maroon 5 CD I should be receiving this week. Yes, I am probably the only person who buys CDs. I am so obsessed with the song MAPS and can't wait to hear it a billion times...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon