Just a Little Six Mile Jog

I've been thinking about doing a 10k in the next month and figured I would go out this morning to try a 6 mile jog. I haven't hit this distance in a couple of months and wanted to keep it nice and simple. The jog itself was amazing, even though I nailed my elbow on a fence post and have a painful bruise to show for it.  During my run I got to sort out a lot of things that have been weighing on my mind, and I also got to plan out my next couple of weeks. Although it was hot I still managed to maintain a 8:32 min/mile pace which is pretty darn good in my opinion.

Even though this week has been pretty stressful and busy with work,  I always find time for my workouts. Working out is important to me, and keeps me sane (well, as sane as I could be). So let's start off by reviewing my week!

On Monday I got my Orange Theory on. It was kind of depressing because my friend, J, couldn't make it. She's my little workout partner and definitely pushes me during my workouts. Regardless, I still managed to get a decent workout in. We had six 7 minute round workouts that were broken up between the treadmill, weight room and rower. On the treadmill we mostly stayed around base pace, which is about a 6.2 speed for me. In the weight room we had to use free weights, the dolly, and the SBT straps. Although I don't remember the workouts for the weight room or rower, I can tell you that I "upped" my free weights to 15/20 pounds. My arms were sore for two days lol.

Tuesday was my off day. It's always nice to sit and do nothing on my "off" days. And for the record, I literally did nothing that night lol.

On Wednesday I got to run with my amazing run club! Of course I started off way too fast, but slowed down when I came up behind two guys who were maintaining a decent pace (I may have been literally right behind them - invading their space lol). I figured that instead of pulling my usual crazy antics and burning myself out, I would hang back until I felt like I could push it all the way until the end. It turns out one of the guys in that pack had the same idea, and halfway into our run, he took off and I tried staying close behind him. That didn't last long and I lost him towards the end. I did manage to finish with a kick and averaged a 7:30 pace for 3.36 miles. I've been struggling with my runs, and I actually felt really good after this run. This makes me excited for next week :)

On Thursday I had Orange Theory again! Although I was bummed because my friend, J, couldn't make this class again, I was excited to find out my favorite instructor was pregnant! She is absolutely adorable and I'm so excited for her!! She still managed to kick my arse with 2 minute rounds between the treadmill, weight room, and rower. On the treamill, our rounds consisted of maintaining base pace (I upped it to 6.5), a push pace (8.0), and walking on a 15% incline. In the weight room, our rounds consisted of stepups with a bicep curl, chest flys, kettlebell swings, dumbell deadlifts, and ground to overhead presses. On the rower, our workouts consisted of free rowing, tricep dips, ab tucks, regular crunches, and squat rows. My heart rate monitor wasn't working during class so I didn't get to monitor my activity level which kinda sucked. However, on the bright side I dominated the crunches workout and got the most crunches out of everyone in a 2 minute period: 81 (yes, I know - I'm competitive - it's part of who I am; I can't help it lol).

On Friday I had another rest day, which worked out since I was heading out for a friend's birthday. I had an absolute blast even though I ate horribly the entire day. Yes, absolutely horrible - I flinched when I got on the scale this morning and all day today I've eaten pretty clean because of it. Some of you might think, "Well what's horrible?" Let me tell you, two frosted donuts, a Caesar Salad crepe from a mall food court and mall candy, a brownie, a chocolate chip cookie, pizza for dinner, and a chocolate dessert. Yup, I know absolutely ridiculous. I occasionally have days like this though (like maybe once or twice a month) and am pretty good at getting back on track. This month has just been horrible because of the birthdays and events we have had.

Now, October is going to be crazy too. I've got a bachelorette party and my best friend's wedding, but I'm going to try my hardest to be good with my workouts and food (Halloween totally doesn't help lol). The first event up will be this weekend with the bachelorette party. I'm super excited for it, but have to figure out how I can get in some workouts in during the weekend.... I'll let you know how that goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon