Another Busy Week!

These last couple of weeks have been absolutely insane. They seem to run together as I try to get by from one day to the next. Even though my life is hectic between church, work, and regular everyday life stuff, I have still managed to get my workouts in.

Last Sunday I got my orange theory on with the only 1.5 hour class they have. It was absolutely insane and it kicked my butt, and I absolutely loved every single second of it. I was sore for two days after that class, but what really sucked, was that I had orange theory again the next day. I wanted to take it easy, but then there was a guy in class who was a total jerk. He had to be shown a lesson. See, you can be an arrogant a-hole during orange theory. You can't cut everyone in line, show off on the treadmill, throw your weights around, and huff loudly during each of your workouts. Because if you do.. You might just need to be schooled by a girl... Sure, I'm competitive. But, he totally had it coming.. And it was funny to watch in the process. I ended up lapping him by a round.. With time to spare lol...

On Tuesday I did absolutely nothing and it was divine. Wednesday I followed my normal ritual of going to run club. Of course I had a blast. We joked and talked before heading out to our run. The run was hard, but I still managed a 7:30ish pace. I'm hoping I can get closer to the 7:00 minute miles soon.

On Thursday I had another orange theory day. It definitely felt easier than usual. Maybe I didn't push myself that hard, but I felt like I could have done more. On Friday I took another day off and on Saturday I got in an easy 5 miles in under 44 minutes. It felt great. Then today: another 5k. It was my last one that I'm signed up for. This course kicked my butt last year and so I was dreading running on it today. I definitely kicked its butt and finished in 23:28. Not too shabby, but not one of my recent  bests. Regardless, I'll take it. Tomorrow I go back to my normal routine of orange theory. I just hope tomorrow is harder than last Thursday's workout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon