We Run Weston!

So I don't think I've officially mentioned it, but I'm in charge of the local run club for the next couple of months? So how did this happen? Let me tell you!

In the beginning of the year I got an email from the girl in charge of the run club asking me to call her about an opportunity with the run club. I was curious about what she meant by that and called her right away. Once I got on the phone with her, she pretty much told me that she would be tied up the next couple of months and needed someone to hold down the fort in her absence. When she thought about all of the people she could have chosen from, her first thought was me! She said she needed someone who was outgoing, reliable, with a runner physique to be the temporary face of run club, I was so ridiculously honored! Of course I said yes, I mean duh. We said we would talk one more time before I head it up, but she just needed to make sure I was okay with it all. I was on cloud 9!

So far I've led run club about 4 or 5 times! We've had 50-70 people come out so far and it's been a blast!! Is it lame that I kinda love being in charge? I mean you're kinda like a mini celebrity. Plus, I feel like I'm helping people make friendships and run better! Although it's been fun it's still a lot of work! I've got to coordinate a water station out on the course, make sure we have enough water for everyone, grab all the supplies for the club, and ensure I bring the ipad for people to sign waivers. I've also got to meet anyone who is new and talk to them about the club and bring as much energy as I can to make people excited about running. I'm also trying to bring vendors out to the run so people want to come. My goal is to get 100 runners out and to create partnerships with the community!!

So today we had run club again! I found out this morning that a local race company was coming to promote their event and to provide goodies for those members who signed up. They also brought Red Bull to distribute some of their product! We ran 3.77 miles and had about 50 members show up. Overall, good day! What's even better is that I had an absolutely horrible day but run club made me feel better. I came in defeated by the day, and left like I was on top of the world. Not only that, but it seems as though I might have secured an amazing vendor to come out soon ;) ill keep you posted.. Until then... Happy trails ;)

Ps - I started the squat challenge today - 20 squats down!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon