The Holiday Weight Gain Struggle

So I finally lost all of the pregnancy weight I had gained a couple of weeks ago. It was really tough but I was determined to do it, and I did! However, now that the holidays crept up on us I've been really bad with my diet. I've always eaten pretty poorly, but this has been worse than usual. I decided to step back on the scale this morning and holy smokes was I a little disappointed in myself. I've gained 5-6 pounds in the last few weeks. My husband, the baby and I are going on vacation this coming week so I feel like it's pointless to really try and lose weight then, so here's to my new year's resolution to try and eat better. I've got to get leaner for the half ironman so it works out this way.

So what have I been doing? Well, I fractured my elbow and sprained my wrist after a cycling accident so I have tried to stay off the bike until next year. I did buy a Groupon for a new cycling studio in the area and am excited to try it in the new year. Other then that I've been working on my speed and trying to build my running base back up. I've also turned to Pintrest for some ideas. Let me tell you - Pintrest is AMAZING when it comes to trying to find new workouts. For example, here is the link to a workout I tried two days ago on the Bosu ball: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/459015387000928904/

Anyways, I will try and post more of my workouts as I continue on my half ironman journey post pregnancy. Getting time in for myself has been tough but I think that I might be in a better place starting the new year.  Tomorrow there's a local training Christmas Eve run I'm going to. I'm aiming to try and get 12 miles in, but will be ridiculously happy if I can get in 10 miles. I'll try and post afterwards. Until the next time, happy trails!!

PS Here's my favorite picture of us at this moment:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon