Sore Knees

It's crazy how time flies during the holidays. I mean it's been two weeks since I've blogged! Nothing crazy has really happened. The biggest news during this time is my friend J and I tried the 1.5 hour Orange Theory workout class and got our butt kicked this past weekend. You know that your life is going to suck when you start the class by running a 5K and finish the workout with more than 1 hour left in the class. I did end up burning over 700 calories in the class which was a total bonus...

Last night I also did Orange Theory and got my butt kicked and burned almost 500 calories (not too shabby). The only thing that killed me was the lunges and deep squats we did. I think those moves totally killed my knees and even now I can feel them throbbing. I took today off in the hopes that they recover.

In between workouts I've been running around three miles. It's been hard running after work because of the daylight savings time. I've been trying really hard to beat the nightfall which has ended up helping me improve my 5K time. I've been consistently hitting the low 24 minute mark. One cool thing I've done is download the new Nike App which tracks your mileage a little more and also helps you challenge yourself. I haven't used it but look forward to trying it for the first time hopefully this weekend.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can do something low impact. Oh! I almost forgot - for Christmas I'm getting a punching bag set. I've talked about getting one for years and my awesome mom bought it for me for Christmas.... I can't freaking wait to kick that punching bag in the butt. My home gym is almost complete.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon