A Non-active kind of weekend

Most weekends I do a combo of a "long run" and some sort of weights, however, not this weekend. I'm typically the stay at home kind of girl that doesn't really do anything too crazy anymore. I actually prefer to stay home and wake up early to workout than staying out late and drinking. This weekend was special though and I got to celebrate one of my friends bachelorette parties. The weekend was definitely more intense than most weekend but I survived lol. Although I didn't have a chance to workout, I tried my best to eat a little better than I typically do. The one thing I didn't do was log my calories lol.

Now, logging calories has been beneficial for me. It's stopped me from mindless eating and I think it's helped me maintain my weight and even drop a little. When I first started logging my food I weighed 145, but today I weigh 143.5. Not bad all things considering, but you have to wonder how much of that weight loss is attributed to my weight fluctuation or the nutrition. I'm hoping the nutrition. I'm going to keep at it and hope I can slowly fall below the 140 mark. The biggest thing for me is that I like to see instant results. I've got to learn to stop thinking that way and celebrate the small victories. In the meantime, ill keep logging my food :)

On another note, this year I'm trying to sign up for at least one race a month. Races definitely push me to the edge and I love the feeling of trying to beat my previous time and get better. So far I have all races signed up through march. There are two other races I have in mind for April and may and will most likely sign up soon. One good thing about racing this year is that a lot of companies seem to realize that race registration costs have gone up, therefore, creating blitz registration days for cheaper. I gotta tell you this kind of marketing works and probably signs up more people than normal. So, that definitely makes me happy. 

Later today I'm going to go for a run but now it's time for work. I'm hoping I can get more peddling in today than yesterday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon