Happy New Years!!

Like one of those newly crazed, hyped, and motivated New Years resolutioners, I decided to blog today. Yes, I worked out today, but this doesn't variate from my typical workout week. However, I did utilize my home gym to its full potential today so I'm quite proud (i usually don't use my home gym stuff very much). Although the holiday season is a hard time to eat well and workout, I still managed to maintain weight and get most of my workouts in. 

Before I get into the sappy New Years realizations, ill tell you all about my workout:
The warm-up was a 5 minute bike.. Low resistance and a high cadence...
Followed by sprints - 400, 300, 200, 100 meters with rests in between ( 30, 20, 10 seconds)
Ab workouts: two sets of - Sprinkler (12 reps) and Clamper (12 reps)
Recovered on the bike for 5 minutes with a low resistance and low cadence
Same ladder repeat and same exact rest breaks
Ab workouts: two sets of - Seated Oblique twists (20 reps) and Superman press (20 reps)
Recovered on the bike one more time for five minutes
Another ladder repeat with the same rest breaks
Walked for 2:00 minutes to cool down.. 

Overall, I accomplished all three 400s under 2:00 mins; all three 300s under 1:30 mins; all three 200s under 1:00 min; and, all three 100s under 30 seconds. Needless to say I'm pooped.. 

So.. Now for my New Years realizations.. 

As I reflect on 2013 a lot of things come to my mind:

- We bought a house!!!!
- The house has sucked most of our savings... Wah wah..
- I forgot how much moving sucked and how much crap we had.. 
- We found out Bandit had cancer..
- We found out Bandit had cancer again.. 
- We had an amazing trip out to California and Vegas!!! 
- I fell into a running rut..
- I joined Orange Theory and love it!!
- I started enjoying running again at the end of the year.
- I realized how much I missed friends I haven't spoken to in a while..
- I realized how lucky I am to have a wonderful husband who deals with my insanity...

Things to accomplish in 2014:

- Eat less sugary foods.. 
- Spend less time utilizing electronics.
- Try different workouts.
- Work on the house.
- Keep in touch more with the people you love.
- Don't procrastinate on accomplishing tasks.. Even stupid tasks like doing the laundry.. 

These accomplishments are not really resolutions but goals to make me a better person. Even if I can accomplish one goal, it will make a difference, but hey it's only January 1st right? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon