Continuing to Count Calories!!

Yup. So I'm still going. Pretty impressive for me if you consider my self-control tendencies, which = absolutely none. I guess since I've been making some sore of progress I've actually been sticking to this whole counting calories business. Today I weighed in at 141.5 which is four pounds less than where I started. It's easy to assay that some of it might be water weight or the normal fluctuation in weight, but regardless of the reason it continues to motivate me. 

This motivation made me kill my workout which consisted of orange theory and running to the gym. I live over a mile from the gym so even though it's close, it sucks when you're done with the workout and have to take the energy to run back. 

Since I ran to the gym my heart rate was already elevated when I started. We had a couple of different blocks to do throughout the class so I'll try to best remember them. The first block was 4 minutes long and started on the treadmill. For the first two minutes you we're at base pace, followed by a minute at push pace, and finally a minute at all out. Next, we rotated to the rowers for another four minutes block. The only two exercises we had to accomplish in this block was to row 100 meters and finish 10 air squat jumps. After you finished the 100 meter section, you moved up to 150 meters and 15 air squats followed by 200 meters and 20 air squat jumps. If you finished you repeat the two exercises until time is called. The last four minute block was in the weight room where we had to do 8 hand release push ups, followed by 8 kettle bells swings, followed by 8 pikes with this roller blade thing. You kept doing those three exercises until time was called. 

The next set of blocks was 8 minutes long and we were back at the treadmill. The only thing we had to focus on during this block was distance. Since I felt like crap at this points I kept it nice and easy and managed getting over .75 mile. Not bad, but not crazy.. The next 8 minutes we had on the rowers where we had to row 150 meters and then squat, curl, and press with a dumbbell. Once you finished those two exercises you repeated the block. The last eight minutes we were in the weight room where we did some sort of oblique twist on each side with the sbt straps for 10 reps,followed by something (ugh, I really can't remember!!) for 10 reps, followed by 10. tricep extensions.

The last block was three minutes long and we were back on the treadmill. For this block. Had two minutes of base followed by 30 seconds of push and 30 seconds of all out. Next we were back on the rowers where I can't really remember what we did :( lastly we did 3 minutes in the weight room where we had squats on the bench, followed by high squats, followed by v sit ups. 

At this point I felt like crap but I still needed to run home. I ended up burning almost 500 calories which was incredible... I just have to keep going...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon