Always on the Run

Between having a house, working, working out, and spending time with friends and family, I always feel like I'm constantly on the run. The easiest thing to cut out would be my workout, but I feel like that is the only thing that keeps me grounded. Yesterday was a perfect example of having a busy day. 

Personally I like to get my workouts done first thing in the morning (on the weekends, anyways), Afterwards you feel so refreshed and accomplished and this is the feeling that keeps you going throughout the day. Since my wonderful husband was working yesterday, I wanted to take the time to visit my mom and one of my friends that I don't get to see too often. I had a decent sized window to do all this, but it required me to get up earlier than I would have liked to. When the alarm went off, I hesitated for a minute debating whether or not I really wanted to get up and workout. It was "sprint" workout day and the feeling of going faster than comfortable was not too appealing at that moment. I ended up putting my workout clothes on and walked out the door with my Garmin and headphones... 

I usually skip a warm up (which is not the smartest thing to do) but on sprint days I usually opt for a .5 mile warm up. After the warm up was finished I started my first 200 meters.. It was completely uncomfortable and I tried moving my legs as fast as possible. I managed to finish my first one in 44 seconds. Although it completely sucked during the time, I was able to get 8x200 meters accomplished all under 44 seconds, with my fastest time being 40 seconds. My recovery was a 200 meters in between. Once I was able to catch my breath, I was proud of my workout, especially since it has been a while since I worked solely on speedwork. 

When I managed to look at the clock.. I realized I had to shower and jump in the car... Even though I was rushed it was completely worth it. Luckily, today I don't have too many plans. I just needed to get a 5 mile run in before church. I managed to wake up without an alarm with enough time to relax after my run. I had a decent paced run today, with a 8:10 min/mile pace. It was defenitely difficult for me to keep up that pace, but I really need to start getting uncomfortable during my runs. I tend to just become complacent and then get frustrated when my times don't improve... Hopefully, this type of mindset will help me improve on my runs... Tomorrow.. Maybe some orange theory.. 

Update on my weight loss goal: it looks like I'm at 142.2. I gained a little bit of weight and haven't been able to get under the 140 lb mark. I know my diet hasn't been consistent and it looks like I'm snacking way too much on high calorie items. I'm going to have to come up with some better snack alternatives.. I'll let you know what I find!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Another Runner's Journey Blog Design by Ipietoon